Chapter 24

His black Aston Martin stopped in front of the club, the same one he'd been in a few nights ago, he looked at the huge Neon sign, thinking about how semi normal and regular his life was before all this.

He'd never been one to be seen in a place like this, he rarely ever even left his house to go for business function, but now he found himself coming to this club at very close intervals, twice in one week.

He let out a deep breath, looked at his wristwatch before stepping out of the car, the man at the entrance of the club was the same man he met here everytime he came.

He walked into the club, pulling together all the will power he had, he would need it for who he was coming to meet.
And why he was here.

It was almost past 5 so the club was not so scanty, just a handful of people, mostly dangerous looking men sitting on tables on the left side of the room.
His eyes moved to the bar and he spotted the same waitress he always met whenever he came.

A familiar face, he shoved his hands into his pockets, ignoring the stares from the men in the room, he knew most of them there, if not all had guns with them.
He walked to the bar counter, leaning on it, the waitress noticed him and gave him a sweet smile, showing her braces, before walking over from the other side of the counter.

"I'm getting used to seeing your handsome face around here" she smiled flirtously at him, and his neck heated up making him return her smile with a nervous one.
"What can I get you"? She asked excitedly and he just shook his head looking around.

"Nothing uh... I came to see your boss" he muttered and her bright smile slowly faded away and she just shook her head

"He's not in at the moment, do you have an appointment with him"? She asked and he just shook his head, looking by his left he saw a man with dark locks, wearing a black top and black combat pants walk by, the waitress quickly signalled him with her hands, drawing his attention.
He walked towards where Nate stood, his eyes looking him over before he looked at the waitress

"Scarlett" he grunted out, with his gruff voice, it sounded like a rocky, not so smooth road, like he'd been smoking cigarettes all his life, and there was no part of his lungs that hadn't gone completely black due to smoke.

"Hey D, is the boss in"? She quickly asked and he looked at her, his eyes moving from her to Nate, he just swallowed, hoping the bulky looking man would answer the question quickly.

"Who's asking"? He asked, his eyes still trained on Nate, making Scarlett to roll her eyes at him

"Just answer the question D" she drawled out and he just gave Nate one last look over before faced Scarlett again

"He's not in" he grunted before strolling away.
Nate clenched his jaw and shut his eyes.
Even when he had an appointment with Spade, it took him hours before he could see him, let alone now that he didn't have an appointment with him.
He felt his own shoulders slump and despair slowly creeping in.

But he wouldn't give up, this was only one blockade, something he could handle
"I guess I'll just wait for him" he muttered sitting on the rolling chair close to him

Scarlett smiled sadly "you're gonna have to order something other than water" she whispered and he looked around and sighed

"Fine, uh... Get me a martini" he muttered with a small smile, his eyes went back to his fingers as he stared at them.

He was going to wait for him.
Surely he wouldn't spend the whole day wherever he went, he'd come back to check on the club.

The waitress came back with a bottle of martini and dropped it on the table, opening it for him, he smiled at her before she turned around and went back to cleaning the counter from the far end.