CH 22

After raven got successfully rescued by Athy's 1 star acting, rated by Lucas, the prince finally went to his room giving privacy to his father and the princess.

Ambroise started drawing the woman he saw in his dreams unlike Athanasia he knew it was his mother.

'The darker the night

The brighter the stars,

The deeper the grief,

The closer is happiness.'

This was a saying he heard in his past life

'Where is my happiness then?

haven't I given enough to be finally happy?'

Sure the emperor was bearable, he had a 'half-sister' who was acting fake all the time, a very bright knight who tend to pity a lot and people he chose to lead the empire but they had their own benefits in it.

He wasn't alone but at the same time he was.

The worst part is he is used to this feeling, everyone he loves is always taken away from him, it's been like this for so long.

'So unfair.'

So long that it feels like he's losing his emotions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watching the child he dearly cherished sad Death let out a sigh, he couldn't blame him when he himself reaped out the souls of the people close with the child.

Except his partner who was still alive but separated.

Despair was the punishment for the prince's crimes,

'but he never committed them.'

A voice in the back of his mind screamed.

he knows

that's what's shattering his heart,

the knowledge that he can't stop this unfair and unreasonable punishment.

'