CH 3

The father and son met once again 

BUT

As Emperor and crown prince

"Blessings and glory upon the Obelian Empire, I greet the sun of Obelia"

" you may rise"

They stared in each other's eyes no more words were spoken, but a thousand's remained on the Emperor's tip of tongue. 

He felt something heavy on his heart, was this the weight of guilt? Regret? or grief?

His child had grown...

Despite his negligence 

He had heard of how perfect of a heir he is, and how perfect of a son he is...

"MAKE WAY FOR HIS MAJESTY THE EMPEROR AND HIS HIGHNESS THE CROWN PRINCE"

As the guard announced of their arrival at the banquet he cast a last glance at his son, he was not nervous instead he held the aura befitting an imperialist.

The doors opened after what felt like an eternity, as the nobles bowed and the banquet started the dancers started to perform, there was a certain dancer with magenta eyes that caught the Emperor's attention.

Love... 

Was it that,

the emotion that caused the emperor to grieve for years.

but this was an attraction, or maybe love again but not as deep as he had for the empress.

Ambroise saw how his father's eyes never left the blonde haired lady, he knew where this was going...

Just as he predicted after a few days his father invited him to drink tea with him, the lady was also present.

"Blessings and glory upon the Obelian Empire, I greet the imperial father"  

" you may rise"

"Greetings to you too lady..."

 "Please call me Diana, your highness"

The lady smiled 

"Very well... Diana"

As lady Diana continued to talk the two royals listened that was until his father spoke

"Ambroise, I heard you were interested in poetry..."

"Yes, It's true I am interested in poetry"

"wow, would you like to share some lines with us?"

"The Earth has many keys-

Where Melody is not

Is the Unknown Peninsula-

Beauty-is Nature's Fact-

But Witness for Her Land-

And Witness for Her Sea-

The cricket is Her outmost

Of Elegy, to Me-"