Chapter|53|

"Next time, we are definitely flying to this place"Lily grumbled as we got out of the car and looked around.
We were able to get here early because of Rob's fast driving.
Angela's grandparents came to receive us making Angela squeal and hugged them tight. "Welcome kiddos"her grandma said with that grandparent's affectionate.
"You guys should come in and get some rest" her grandpa said and we followed them into the house.
It looked modern and exquisite. It was a two storey building and cozy. There was no tv in the living room but I could spot a cassette player. There was a shelf of classic songs cassette. The couch looked soft and inviting.
"I think we should visit the farmhouse today since we would be leaving tomorrow" Angela said and I stared at her dumbfounded.
It is late in the night and I am really tired. I don't get why we came here but the road scenery worth it. It was nice seeing different landscape and nature.
"It is already late!Go drop your bags in the room and come eat the food I prepared"her grandma said and my face lighten up when I heard food.
I am starving and excited to eat good food after a long time. We settled on the sandwich from a nearby gas station from the hotel as breakfast. We left the hotel very early in the morning and had junks on the way here. This place is rural and looks good. I would like to come but without spending about 30hrs on the road. We got into the room and showered one after the other. I put on a sweatshirt basketball short courtesy of Ash.
"My grandparents don't really like technology and old fashioned"Angela informed us and I finally understood why there is no tv here. "I don't get why they are like that even though they engage it in their farm"she said and I giggled in my head. It would be difficult to practice farming with simple tools. The machines make work easier.
"The WiFi here might fluctuate"she informed and I checked my phone.
I tied my hair in a ponytail and headed down. The dinner room was filled with different dishes but I chose rice and chicken curry. There was strawberry drink which tasted divine and I am suspecting it is from their farm.
"Your flight is at 6pm tomorrow right?"her grandma asked and Angela nodded. "That is enough time to show you guys around the farm. Now which of this gentleman is the boyfriend you told me about?"her grandma asked with calculating eyes making me chuckle.
"Grandma"Angela said blushing lightly.
"I want to meet my grandchild's boyfriend, or is that a problem?"she asked narrowing her eyes at Rob and Thomas.
"This is my boyfriend Rob"Angela introduced and placed an arm on Rob's shoulder who looked nervous.
"So you are the one dating my little penguin?" her grandpa said making us laugh. Penguin?
"Gosh grandpa! I told you to stop calling me that"she huffed and I giggled at her misery. "You better not hurt her or I will come to New York and chop your balls off" her grandma said and Rob looked a bit uneasy. "I wouldn't dream of it ma"he replied after clearing his throat.
"I want you to just try it so you can see the consequence of hurting a Collins"she said and we finished our food in silence.
Some of their workers came to clear the plates when we got up. "Thanks for the food Mrs Collins" Amanda said sharing a polite smile and I mirrored her expression.
"Please call me Nana. Besides I am happy to have you guys here. Young people nowadays don't appreciate farming and this place so I am excited to receive you guys. Now go get some sleep because you have a long day ahead of you tomorrow" she said and we nodded.
Rose and I are occupying a room and the bed was king sized. "Goodnight girl" she mumbled and turned to the side.
I quickly sent a quick text to my parents and Asher that I have gotten to Texas safely. I am glad I was able to send that text so easily without moving around.
—————————————————————————————————————————
We walked into the farm and I stared in amazement. The cowboy boots Angela bought for us came in handy. "We are specialized in crops and livestock farming" her grandma explained as I looked at so many people working on the farm. "We have our ranch over there where we keep our animals"she said and walked towards the said places.
The workers greeted them and stared at us in confusion.
"This is where we keep our cattle and derive milk from them" she said and we watched as some of the workers were milking the cows.
We headed to horse stable next and Angela patted one with a longing look. "This is my horse Sunshine"she announced and the horse nuzzled her hand. "I didn't know you can ride a horse?"Rose said and I didn't know that either. "It's just something I do whenever I come here" she replied with a smile.
"We still have lots of places to show you" Angela's grandpa said leading us forward.
This is fascinating.
—————————————————————————————————————————
The strawberry tasted so good and I grabbed another one from the bowl.
After our tour around the farm, we retired to the small garden where different types of flowers were planted.
Her grandma gave us a bowl of different types of fruit but I like the strawberry and apple better. The time for our flight was nearing and I can't wait to get back home. I wasn't able to chat with Asher for more than five minutes before the network started acting up. It also fluctuated when my parents tried to FaceTime me. I am glad I wasn't able to chat with Asher for too long. He wasn't able to bring up the part where I told him I missed him and hanged up. I am sure he is just waiting for the right time to strike.
"Come in kids, lunch is ready"a maid came to call us and we entered the house.
"This place is nice and I would like to come back someday. I would not be coming here by road again. My back and butt still hurts from sitting for so long"Amanda grumbled and I chuckled.
"And we have school tomorrow and I can't skip because I have got a project to submit"Lily grumbled and I sighed.
I wish I can sleep in tomorrow but that is impossible. The food was good and I was filled to the brim. "Let's go pack our bags because we would be heading out soon"Angela said and I looked at the clock on the wall. We still have two hours before our flight. I didn't unpack my bags so I headed to my room to take a nap. It wasn't an easy task walking round the farm.
The experience and knowledge you gained worth it!
—————————————————————————————————————————-
"When are you coming to visit us?"Angela mumbled hugging her grandparents.
I am so jealous I have no one like that. No grandparents to tease or embarrass me.
I wrapped my hands around myself and tuned out of the conversation.
"I would be happy to have you guys over again" her grandma said and gave us warm smile. "And I packed a little something for you all" she said and handed us each a gift bag.
I peeped inside to see the strawberry and apple I enjoyed so much. "Thank you so much for this Nana" I said and she waved me off. "You don't need to appreciate me kiddos, you are just like my little girl here"she said pointing to Angela while her husband was just staring at her with that loving eyes.
"Goodbye kids! You must take care of her and don't think of hurting her. I must assure you that my threat is not to scare you" she said and Rob swallowed hard then nodded with a small smile. "And off you go" she dismissed and we walked forward.
We did the necessary things and headed into the plane. I got a seat beside Thomas and buckled my seatbelt. The captain's voice boomed through as he said the usual stuff. The plane took off and I felt sleepy. "How many times are you going to sleep?"Thomas said chuckling and I opened a eye.
"Till I get rid of this sleeping sickness"I replied and he chuckled again.
"What are you going to do?"I asked closing my eyes. "Read more about robotic science" he replied and I shook my head. "Such a nerd" I giggled with my eyes closed.
"Like you are any less than I am" he replied and I scoffed.
I turned to the side ready to go back to the dreamless world.
—————————————————————————————————————————
"Thanks for dropping me off sir" I said fighting back a yawn. Angela had different drivers drop us home so we would get home almost at the same time.
"My pleasure Miss"he said and I walked into my house.
"Oh my sweet child. How was the trip?"my mom asked hugging me and scanning my body. "Tired and sleepy" I replied and she frowned. "Go get some rest, you have school tomorrow. What were you guys thinking traveling that far on a school week?"she frowned and I shrugged.
"I hope the experience worth it?"she said and I nodded. I handed her the bag of fruits and she smiled scanning through the contents.
"Goodnight mom" I said and headed to my room. I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower.
I am home - S
I sent it to Asher and settled under my covers. I closed my eyes ready to sleep again.
Sleeping beauty!
So funny!
There was a small sound coming from my window and I walked to it. I opened it and watched Asher come in.
He kissed me slowly and passionately but pulled away almost immediately. I felt angry for the short kiss because we haven't done that in three days.
"Welcome back" he said and I walked back to my bed.
I got in and waited for him to get in. The bed dipped as he got in behind me. He pulled me to the naked chest and wrapped his hands around my waist. "Goodnight cupcake" he said after kissing my hair. I closed my eyes feeling content with his presence. Just realizing how much I missed having him so close.
You are acting like a clingy girlfriend.
Get a guy like him first!
I will if I was in a real body and not stuck in your stupid head.
And you didn't I am happy I have you in my head.
You should be lucky you have me.
If you are the best sub in the world then I would have been glad to be without one.
Keep telling yourself that idiot.
Shut up and let me go to sleep asshole.
—————————————————————
"Get up or_" my mom paused and I opened my eyes to see why she paused. I followed the line of her gaze to Asher who was sitting on my reading chair.
What is he still doing here? Normally, he goes home before my parents wake up.
"Good morning Zara"he said not looking the least scared but I am glad he has a shirt on. "Morning son, when did you get here?"she said not looking angry but rather amused.
"Last night" he said and I groaned in my head. "Oh"my mom replied and turned to me with a smirk.
"You guys should get dressed for school" she said and winked at me before heading out. "That went well" he said and I nodded. "I just woke up few minutes ago" he answered the question I was asking myself in my head. "Your mom is cool and not throwing a tantrum on seeing us together"he said and I nodded.
"Will you be taking the shower first?" he asked and I nodded getting up from the bed. I grabbed my clothes and headed to the bathroom. I took my time to have a relaxing shower and washed my hair after not doing that for two days.
I chose a white long sleeve shirt and a black corset top to match with denim jeans pairing it up with my white sneakers. I braided my hair in two and left my face bare.
I walked out to see Asher leaning on the wall. He stared at my outfit and smirked. "You look amazing" he said and I smiled. I will never get use to him complimenting me. "I can't say the same about you" I teased crossing my hands over my chest. He was wearing a t-shirt and joggers from last night. "I am sure I look good without bathing. I can rock a garbage bag because this looks are that good" he smirked and I rolled my eyes. "Go do your thing so we wouldn't be late for school" I said and he moved closer to me. He put his hand on my neck and moved it inside my shirt and my breath hitched. He took my necklace and rested the pendant on my chest. "I love seeing that on you and not being hidden inside your cloth" he whispered into my ear leaving me breathless and I snapped out of it as he closed the bathroom door.
That guy affects me so much than I can ever imagine and I have no control of that. I walked back to my room and packed my things into my backpack.
My little naps from yesterday paid off because I am as good as new.
I joined my mom in the kitchen and she was giving me a weird look. "I hope you guys are using protection or are you ready to give birth to a child now?"she asked and my face was crimson red. Maybe I should have applied blush knowing my mom was going to tease me to death about this.
"Mom, we haven't even done anything close to that" I replied almost whispering embarrassed to be discussing this with my mom.
"Why?"she asked and I stared at her dumbfounded.
"Am I suppose to be having this conversation with you mom? Aren't you suppose to be scolding me for letting me sneak into my room at night?" I grumbled and she smirked.
"I love juicy gusts and I trust both of you to do the right thing. Besides your dad also sneaks into my room at night back in the days" she smiled and stared into nothing.
"Really?"I asked and she nodded.
"Sometimes we sneak out and head to his house. I usually come back before morning and we always do a lot of interesting stuffs. I am surprised we didn't have you then"
"Mom" I groaned and she shrugged.
"Ever heard of too much information mom" I grumbled and she chuckled.
"All I am trying to say is that I understand how you both are feeling right now. Young love!"she said and I smiled.
"Can I spend the rest of the day with him?" I whispered and she raised an eyebrow. "You know sleep over. I haven't seen him in three days" I pouted.
"Of course but be safe" she said.
"We will be safe mom, I promise" I said and she smiled.
I looked at what she was preparing, bacon and eggs. She made strawberry smoothie with the strawberry I brought last night.
I sipped and moaned. "Tastes so good huh?"a voice whispered into my ear and I didn't jump. That voice always make me feel at ease. I turned to him and smiled. I pushed my cup to his mouth and gestured for him to have a sip. He sipped through the straw and his lips twitched up. He collected my cup and I raised my eyebrow. "You know you can just get your own" I huffed and he smirked.
"This one is definitely going to taste better than that one" he winked at me and I blushed. I get what he was implying so I turned back to my mom. "Here you go. I have to go get ready for work" she said after handing me two plates.
"Thank you mom" I said hugging her.
"You guys should eat quickly so you wouldn't be late for school" she said and patted us on the back. I watched her walk away before taking the plates to the dinning room.
I went back to grabbed another cup of smoothie. "This tastes fresh" Asher said as he took another sip.
"That is because it is fresh from the farm" I smiled and started eating my food,
We ate in silence and took the plates to the kitchen. "Did you have a great time?"he asked as I watched the plates.
"It was different from what I was used to. There was no tv at the farmhouse and little to no network" I explained and watched him dry the dishes.
"That explains why I wasn't able to reach you"he said and I nodded.