Chapter|31|

"There is going to be an audition for people interested in acting. That is going to be on Thursday which is three days from now. I will read out the names of the judges now. After this, I will paste a list of which group people not interested in acting are" I paused to scan everyone's face. "The judges are Asher, Josephine, Giana, Sarah and me" I announced.
"Nice going Stephanie" somebody said and I smiled.
We are currently at the field settled on the bleachers. "Asher deserves to be Romeo" somebody else shouted.
"Why do you think so?" Asher asked with a cocky smirk facing the girl.
"Umm...You have...got...the looks and all"the girl stuttered out making his smirk widen. I shake my head not liking the fact that she is inflating his ego.
Like you don't also think so.
I think about it in my mind.
"I am a judge so I can't audition" he pouted and I groaned inwardly.
"You don't have to audition" someone shouted making me snort silently.
"That is not fair. We are not giving other people the chance to express themselves" I reasoned but received a lot of scoffs in response.
"There are other roles for them to participate" another person said.
"If you want Asher to be Romeo, Raise your hand up" another voice said making a lot of people raise up their hands.
"So what do you say Stephanie? Looks like the people want me" he smirked out turning to face me.
I didn't have any choice and I also think he will make a good Romeo.
"Fine he can be Romeo" I snorted to hide my inner smile.
You are not the Juliet of this story.
I never said I wanted to be. I am better off coordinating this whole thing. I am thankful Katrina isn't in this class, I can't handle her being Juliet. It is obvious she will take up the role if she is here.
"That is all for today's meeting" I said. "The audition will take place at the school hall. Have a nice day everyone" I ended and people started leaving.
I put my book back in my bag and headed for the cafeteria. "So are you going to be my Juliet?"he said making my heart skip a beat.
He is definitely talking about the play.
I know but my heart thought something else. My cheeks flushed in embarrassment?
Why did I actually think that he was talking about that. I started giggling to erase the thoughts from my head.
You have to reply him idiot.
"Nope, I don't do well in acting" but I wish I do now.
"Too bad, I was hoping we do this together" he muttered lowly but I heard anyway.
He SAID what now?!
Don't put too much meaning into it.
How can I not? He wants me to act with him together in a romantic movie. There will be a little PDA and you expect me not to think about it.
"You say what?" I asked and he shrugged.
I stopped for a minute to digest it all.
I continued walking unconsciously and crashed into his back. "Sorry" I said moving back before pushing a strand of hair from my face.
I realized we have arrived at the outside of the cafeteria. "I will see you later cupcake" he said before walking off.
I groaned in frustration.
There he goes again with that nickname making me feel things.
I thought about everything he has said to me. Even the one he has said before he ghosted me.
I kept banging my head on the wall and groaned.
I don't want to think about all this.
I straightened up when people started giving me a weird look.
Way to look so dumb.
Way to act smart.
I entered the cafeteria, collected my food tray and headed to my friends.
"What took you so long?" Amanda asked as I settled beside her.
"There was a meeting about the play" I replied before stuffing my face with fries.
"I can't wait to watch that since you are the one organizing the whole thing" Angela squealed clapping her hands and I smiled at her.
"There is a party coming up at Mathew's place this Friday. I am inviting you guys"a guy's voice said making me look up.
I didn't even notice his presence. "I am going with Mike. Are you guys going?" Lily asked wrapping her hands round Mike's shoulders.
"That is a way to release stress after an hectic week" Angela mumbled.
"Yeah" Rob chimed in.
"We are going" Amanda said but I shook my head.
I am in no mood for a party. I prefer to study all day long. "I would not be able to attend. I will be busy stu_" I was interrupted by Amanda.
"We are all going" she said and held my gaze. She gave me a look as if to say don't try to object, you don't have a choice in this.
"That is great, we should dress up at my house so the guys would pick us up afterwards" Angela said and they nodded in agreement. I am still annoyed they are forcing me to do this.
I just stared ahead. I watched as Mike whispered something into Lily's ears then proceeded to kiss her full on the lips.
She blushed a little then he walked away.
I winked at her and she flushed more.
The bell rang and we went to dispose our food tray.
We headed to our individual classes.
Why did they have to force me to go with? I thought as I settled down in my biology class.
You should be happy for your first high school party. Get ready to dance and party.
I am not ecstatic about it unlike you.
I am not boring unlike you.
"So today we are going to study plants and animal cells. Then we will do diagram few minutes to the end of the class" the teacher said and I groaned inwardly at the last part.
"Let's see what you have for us today" Rob said behind me making me turn.
I glared hard at him making him hold out his hands in surrender with a huge smile.
"What a friend!" I replied sarcastically making him chuckle lowly.
The teacher explained and it was finally time for the part I dreaded the most.
Thank God you chose a guy that is good in everything you can't do. Without that, your children would have been so dumb.
What do you mean? Asher?
You are the one telling me not to have false hope but now...
I am joking! You both can never work!
Aren't you a good subconscious?
I got up and settled beside Rob. He gave me a mocking smile and I rolled my eyes at him. I sharpened my pencils and took a deep breath.
The diagram looked easy so I can do it.
Easy peasy!
Of course!
I stretched my fingers after finishing the diagrams which felt like hours. I stared down at my diagram and compared it with the one in the textbook,I didn't see any similarities immediately I heard a loud chuckle to see a laughing Rob. I glared at him and folded my hand on my chest leaning back on my chair. Drawing is definitely not my forte. I peered up at his drawing from my peripheral view and scoffed.
Just jealous of his. You are definitely there. You've so many things you are not good at. I am ashamed of you.
Wow!Have got the best,haven't I.
The bell rang and the teacher asked us to submit our notes. I was thankful because I didn't have to see her amused smile at my diagram. I got out of the class not waiting for Rob. I didn't want to hear more of his bad remarks. I had a free period next so I headed to the library greeting Mrs. Pika on my way in. I headed to my private spot after grabbing a few textbooks. Time to do some reading!
——————————————————————————————————————————
Audition day!
Staring at the guy auditioning for Tybalt,I shook my head before jotting down what I taught about this guy on my paper. "Acting is definitely not for everybody"Asher whispered with a low chuckle earning a giggle from me.
"Next person" Josephine called with a bored voice.
I can relate girl.
A girl appeared next. She was about 5'3, blonde, petite body with right curves. She had big glasses on so I couldn't tell the color of her eyes.
"Hello, what is your name and which character are you auditioning for?" I asked with a small smile as encouragement.
"Am Sosa, I am auditioning for Juliet" she replied shyly and I nodded continuously amused.
"That is huge, you can begin when you are ready. Good luck" I said with a thumbs up.
"My only love sprung from my only hate! Too early seen unknown, and known too late!" She started and she is really good.
Asher whistled lowly making me turn to face him. I raised an eyebrow slightly jealous.
Once again, you are not his girlfriend.
"She is good and beautiful too" he replied with a smirk making me frown.
I leaned back in my seat and fiddled with my fingers. She is the best we have gotten so far so she might get the role. That means they would spend time together and they can... I have read a lot of novels about the popular guy falling in love with the shy nerdy girl.
Aren't you one too?
I am not shy and not too nerdy. I am just book smart.
Well it's your problem not mine.
Wow.
I snapped out when I heard a loud applause. "You are really good Sosa, I can't wait to work with you" Asher said flashing her his million dollar smile.
She blushed a bit making him smirk .
"Thank you Sosa, you can leave now we will get back to you" I said quickly and hoped I didn't sound bitter.
The girl nodded with a small smile before walking off.
You are acting like you know they will get together.
Are you not the one that planted it in my head and now I can't stop thinking about it. "She deserves that role" Asher said standing up to face all of us. I mean us the judges. "We can't allow her to be a lead role" Giana pouted.
"I don't think we agreed to exclude some people from some roles" Asher retorted folding his hands on his chest.
He is standing up for her like he did for you. That is to say, you are not special to him. He likes to defend everyone.
That really hurt!
I blinked my eyes to stop me from tearing up. I actually thought he stood up for me because he felt something.
"Everyone deserves a chance. Give the contestants their score so that we will be able to get characters for the play. If you will excuse me, I will be back" I rushed out and headed to the bathroom.
I opened an empty stall and leaned on the wall. I blinked continuously to stop myself from crying.
'Stephanie Walker will never cry over a guy' I repeated the mantra continuously in my head.
It did the trick. I took a deep breath and got out of the stall. I washed my face and wiped it with tissue.
When I was sure I didn't look like someone that almost had a mental breakdown in the toilet, I headed back to the hall.
I need to keep my distance from him because the more I get close to him, the more I like him.
I entered the hall and settled back in my chair. "Let's get this done quickly" I said in a monotone voice.
****
"Thank you guys for your support. We paste the names tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of your day" I ended after we decided the people perfect to play the roles.
They left afterwards except one person I was determined to avoid.
I packed up the lists and headed for the entrance. "That was better than I expected" he said and I nodded with a fake smile.
Please leave me alone.
"So_"
"Enjoy the rest of your day Asher" I rushed out interrupting him and hurried away.
We had the audition after school so my friends have already left.
Well I told them not to wait for me.
Time to head home.