𝐗𝐈𝐕

•·╔════ ⦿ • ◉ ════╗·•

༺⦿༻

⦿

"𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐊, 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄'𝐒 𝐍𝐎 𝐖𝐀𝐘 this is going to work." Khairiah, doubtful as ever, reasoned with the blonde boy in front of her. Finnick simply smirked at her response, having expected her reaction to be just as it presented. "Of course, it'll work – have a little faith." He quipped, running a strong hand through his tousled hair which somehow sat perfectly across his forehead. "I always fulfill my requests, trust me." He adds with a wink, and his typical comical nature somewhat repulsed her – though she didn't quite understand what he meant from the final comment.

The younger girl sneered in response, running a hand down the length of her face before gripping the bridge of her nose with slender fingers. "Alright–" She concludes, "Fine– but if this plan of yours fails, I'll be even more infuriated with you Odair." Khairiah adds, "And that's saying a lot." She finishes, before placing Leon's Peacekeeper helmet over the top of her head.

"Ready?" Khairiah whispers, rolling her shoulders and cracking her neck in an attempt to alleviate the inevitable stress that had accumulated in her bloodstream. No room for mistakes, she repeated to herself internally, fixing her tempestuous eyes on the two guards who stood at the entrance.

"Wait you have something–" Finnick starts as the edge of his smile pulls into a grin. He then gently extends his hand towards her neck, and his fingers reach out to delicately brush a strand of stray hair that had been peaking from the side of her helmet.

Khairiah's eyes, though covered by the matte cover, widened momentarily with a mix of surprise and vulnerability, reflecting the unexpected intimacy of the gesture. In the fleeting second, a reflexive flinch manifested, a subtle retreat from the unanticipated proximity of his gesture. He silently noticed this reaction, and softly stopped the trajectory of his hand, soundlessly looking into her eyes through the cover of her helmet. He could barely make them out – but if the blonde boy searched hard enough he'd find their faint outline – he'd always be able to spot her eyes, no matter the distance or opacity of her accessory.