𝐈𝐈𝐈𝐕

•·╔════ ⦿ • ◉ ════╗·•

༺⦿༻

⦿

𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅 her mind, there existed an intricate mosaic, where threads of fleeting memories intertwined with a persistent void.

Two days had passed since the encounter that now remained elusive, wrapped in the shroud of forgotten moments. She was a wanderer in her own thoughts, navigating a maze of emotions that danced just beyond her conscious reach.

He, a figure with eyes reminiscent of the ocean's serene hues, had left an indelible mark upon her soul. Those eyes, an ethereal blend of azure and seafoam, held stories untold, yet their chapters were stolen from her grasp. Like whispers carried away by the wind, Khairah was left behind with an enigmatic ache she could not rid herself of.

Her heart, an intricate knot of emotions, yearned to decode the riddle that lay dormant within her. There was a resonance, an intangible bond that wove itself into the fabric of her existence, a connection that persisted despite the veil draped over her memories.

What was wrong with her? Why was she suddenly feeling so much – such raw emotion that fell upon her so mercilessly, rendering her with a sheer desire to rip her tempestuous mind right out of its conscience? It was pathetic really – feeling this way for Finnick Odair of all people. 

Except, she did not know what this sentiment actually was; all she could understand was the vastness of it, the way it nearly swallowed her whole inorevocably. Something had changed, that much was clear, but Khairiah Styx did not know what.

"Khai?" Haze questioned, waving his hand before her frozen features. "Hello? Are you in there?" He playfully adds with a wide grin, watching the way in which her pupils veered back into focus, following his movements. Her clenched jaw relaxes, and she briefly closes her eyes, rubbing them with her rough fingers.