Chapter 5

Author's pov

"You will have to pay for this, Alessandro" said Giovanni Winston angrily looking at a thirteen year old terrified Alessandro who was trying hard to stand straight after getting hit on his leg by Giovanni.

"B-but w-what have I done?" asked Alessandro after wiping his tears from the back of his palm.

"You have snatched my rights, you motherfucking bastard" Giovanni shouted looking at Alessandro and proceed to hurt him again but his wife Gabrielle Winston stopped him.

"Don't, honey. Killing him is of no use. By killing him, we will dig our own grave. Let this piece of shit live. Hmm" Gabrielle said glaring at Alessandro.

"We will find some other way, ok" Giovanni nodded at his wife words and decided to lock Alessandro in a dark room.

"You're not leaving this room today" saying so, Giovanni locked little Alessandro in a dark room.

"N-no please. O-open" Crying on his fate, Alessandro kept banging the door but deep down he knew that nobody's going to open the door for him.

"G-grandpa. P-please come b-back. P-please" with this he begin to cry at his fate again.

.
.
.

"Grandpa" Alessandro woke up with a jolt. He sat up on the bed and looked around the empty room. His chest heaved as he tried steadying his breath.

Another nightmare. Alessandro rubbed his forehead. After his breath had returned to normal he fell back on the bed. Without moving his gaze from the ceiling, he picked up his phone and glanced at the time. 3 am, there is still some time for work. He sighed tossing the phone beside him.

He turned to the other side and stared at the opposite wall until he fell asleep again.

______________

8 am, Alessandro showered and got dressed for work. He walked into his living room and sighed when he saw Maria talking to someone in her phone. But as soon as Maria saw him, he ended the phone call and bowed her head a little at him.

"Good morning Mr Winston" She greeted him with a smile to which he just nodded at her causing the smile from her face to vanish.

"Breakfast" Alessandro asked curtly to which she nodded.

"The cook has prepared your breakfast, Mr Winston" came her reply at which Alessandro nodded and left.

Seeing him, the cook served him breakfast and stood there waiting for him to say something but Alessandro's grumpy face changed his mind.

Silently, Alessandro started to eat his breakfast while thinking about his dead grandfather. Except for him chewing there is complete silence. A strange silence which he is used to by now.

After finishing his breakfast, he wiped his hands from the tissue and stood up to leave. In the meantime, his driver came to him and carried his laptop bag in his hand.

With a sad sigh, Alessandro walked outside his penthouse along with his driver.

Soon they reached his building. Getting out of his car, Alessandro made his way inside the building but cringed hearing the chattering of people inside the building.

Walking inside he saw everyone goes silent after seeing him. Everyone looked down in fear when they saw Alessandro glaring them for wasting time.

But before Alessandro could have said anything to anyone, Nickolas came as a savior.

"S-sir. Everything's ready" Nickolas said with a forced smile to which Alessandro nodded and started to walk towards the private elevator.

Once he reached his new cabin, he sighed and started to check all the files which had the details of last month sales.