→ 𝐕.𝐋𝐗𝐕𝐈

.

ACT V
CHAPTER LXVI

new plans

TO SAY THAT president Snow is happy with the results booked is a total lie

TO SAY THAT president Snow is happy with the results booked is a total lie. He already threatened his torturers because he needs to know what the captive victors know. He needs to be at least one step ahead of the traitors who ruined his games, who ruined his rule. The plans his tortures come up with are just laugh worthy. As if killing one of them would make the others speak. Of course not, they would be even more resistant to tell them- him what he wants to know. The incapability of Luke Wells and all the others he set on the case was shining through. No, Coriolanus Snow isn't blind. He even respected the resilience of Thana and Johanna who clearly know things. The determination of the former even shining through when they tried to play on her heartstrings. But as not even Johanna, and Snow is certain the girls care deeply for each other, could break her into talking. And the other way around didn't work either, it seems he himself needs to come up with plans.

There are two knocks on the big mahogany door. They echo through the large room.

"Come in," Coriolanus' voice sounds painful, as if he just coughed hardly. Through the door, come the Wells twins with in between them a beaten-up Thana Jardin. "Welcome miss Jardin." The girl lazily looks up at the president, blankly looking at him.

"I am sure you are wondering why I have summoned you," Snow starts, "I am here to offer you one more chance." The man puts his hands on the table, "please sit down."

As the brothers push Thana into a chair, the girl winces at the harshness of their touch. There is only one mantra going through her mind; 'stay strong, stay strong for everyone you care about, stay strong for Johanna'.

"As you know," the president smiles softly at the beaten victor, "your life lies in my hands. Your treatment here lies in my hands."

Thana slowly nods her head, trying her hardest to keep herself awake. With the beating going around the clock and the screams echoing through the rooms and hallway, it was no secret she barely got any sleep. And if sleep finally did reach the girl, it is filled with the horrors of the games, tear stained cheeks always greeting her if she looked into the very small mirror present in her room.

"So please, Thana," the man smiles at the girl, they used to have some kind of understanding of each other, but all of that disappeared as soon as he announced the quarter quell. "For the good of Panem, for the good of your family and friends. Do tell me what Rohan, Haymitch and Plutarch are up to."

"I wouldn't know, and I never have known," Thana says, "all I have known is that I wanted my br... my brother to win." She smiles sadly, "and after his, you know." Thana looks up and blinks fast, "all I've wanted is Johanna or Finnick to get out." The girl can't even cheer at the disappointed expression the president caries on his face.