→ 𝐈𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈

.

ACT III
CHAPTER XLII

the cooking show

THE DAY AFTER Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark had been announced to be the victors of the games, Thana was getting ready to be a guest at a day show

THE DAY AFTER Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark had been announced to be the victors of the games, Thana was getting ready to be a guest at a day show. She knew Johanna was simply having an interview with Caesar Flickerman, but she had to be a part of something bigger. Next year her interview would come right after the quarter quell, at least she had been told by Arthur that interview would be standing on the planning then. And if Thana was being honest, she didn't look forward to it at all, but then she didn't like the idea of this cooking show thing.

"You look awful," Arthur Gold walks in, "come, let me help you fix you up." The stylist takes Thana's hand and helps her stand up.

"I feel like the world is ending," Thana groans, "do I have to go? I barely slept the past 48 hours."

"I am sorry darling," the elder man smiles sadly at the young woman, "We can't change the mind of the president."The man sighs, "all the president is asking of you is to star in a morning show. You just have to cook and talk a little bit about yourself, oh and they might ask questions about the games, but I think you already knew that.."

"Please, tell me you have designed the complete outfit with apron." Thana closes her eyes and lets herself have a second of peace, "oh, and please no heels."

"Don't worry," Arthur laughs, "I know you dislike those."

Not even an hour later Thana sits in a car with Arthur, her make-up has been done and she is already wearing wite sneakers that according to Arthur nobody is going to see. The car stops before a mansion outside of the city centre, it is white and looks luxurious.

"You are positive this is for a morning show?" Thana asks the man, flashbacks of her conversations with Johanna resurfacing.

"I am 100% sure," Arthur says, patting her shoulder, "I spoke with the film director. She usually doesn't shoot things like this, but I asked her, and she agreed to do it."

"You know her, so nothing funny is going to happen?" Thana asks for conformation.

"There is nothing you should be scared of," Arthurs smiles as he opens the car door. "You will be perfectly safe, and I will be there the whole time."

Inside, Thana is being led towards the kitchen. All around the block there are people, the ingredients are already on display. Arthur pushes the young woman slightly forward.

"Hey Thana," a young woman, probably a little older than Finnick, welcomes the victor. "I am Cressida, and this is my crew." The woman points at a man, "this is my assistant Messalla. And those are Castor and Pollux, my camera crew."

"It is very nice to meet you all," Thana shakes Cressida's hand and smiles at rest of her crew.

"It is good to see you again Cressy," Arthur smiles and hugs Cressida, "I am so thankful you are willing to do this."

"You know I would do anything for you," Cressida smiles, "you did the same for me."

Thana smiles at the two, finding the connection, "if I may be so straight forward. Are you Arthur's granddaughter?"

"That would be correct yeah," Cressida bores her eyes in Thana's, "Cressida Gold."

"Your grandfather is an amazing man to me," Thana looks up at Arthur, "I think you are very lucky with him as your family."

"You are as nice as everybody says," Cressida says, "and I hear a lot."

"Oh," Thana's eyes widen, "thank you, I guess."

"It is a compliment," Messalla intervenes, "but we should start in an hour, we will be live."

"Of course," Thana smiles and follows Arthur towards a little room where her outfit is laying ready.

...

"One, two, three, action!" the voice of Cressida commands the filming to start.

Thana smiles at the camera, besides her stands a Capitol woman. "Welcome, welcome," the woman of the Capitol smiles brightly at the camera. "With the games just finished, I have welcomed our beloved victor Thana Jardin to teach us her favourite dish." The woman claps in her hands, "because we all know our dear Thana loves to cook. This is Cooking in style with me, Toria Forrester as your host." The camera moves away from the two to close in on the furniture.

"So, Thana," Toria smiles at the victor, "what do you think about the new victors?"

"Katniss and Peeta?" Thana smiles lightly at the woman while cutting some union.

"Our star-crossed lovers yes," the capitol woman squeaks.

"They look like a lovely duo," Thana says, "I can't wait to meet them and congratulate them personally." She smiles at the camera, "I am sure they are amazing people."

"Oh, dear Thana," Toria side hugs the victor, "I can assure you they are, every victor is. Otherwise, they wouldn't win." The presenter smiles brightly. "But tell me more about yourself, what are we making and what do you think about the arena?"

"Well," Thana says, making eye contact with Arthur, "we are preparing some pumpkin soup that has been in my family for generations." The smiles at the camera, "my mother taught me and my siblings, like her mother did to hers and so on."

"Oh, so an old receipt." Toria smiles, "I can't wait to try it out."

"And one last question to our dear Thana Jardin," Toria smiles brightly at the girl after they cooked for over an hour, "what was your favourite moment of this year's games?"

"You ask me a difficult question, Toria," Thana feints thinking out loud, "I think it must've been when Katniss and Peeta received a can of soup."

"Oh," Toria squeaks. "I love that as well; it is so pure and innocent and the way they look at each other. It is a perfect moment indeed."

Thana smiles at Toria as she still fangirls over the choses moment by Thana who just remembered that Haymitch did indeed sent some soup in after asking her what soup he should sent.

"That was Cooking in style with special guest Thana Jardin!" Toria smiles brightly at the camera, "do try the soup out, it is delicious and a big thank you for Thana, we are grateful you made some time free for us. Till next week!"