→ 𝐈𝐕.𝐋𝐕

.

ACT IV
CHAPTER LV

the others

TEARS STREAM DOWN Thana's face as she manages to just pull Latif away before the beast can kill him as well

TEARS STREAM DOWN Thana's face as she manages to just pull Latif away before the beast can kill him as well. The boy leans on her for support as they try to make their way through the jungle. Blood from her brother getting all over her as she tries to steer him away from roots and low hanging branches. The beast on their heels as Thana takes a sharp left, hoping to lose the beast between the trees.

"Come on Latif," Thana cries as they go deeper and deeper into the jungle.

The Jardin siblings walk straight into a forcefield, restricting them from going further into the jungle and away from the Beast.

"God damnit," Thana curses, taking a brief look on her pocket watch revealing that it is almost 7 o'clock in the morning. "Get behind me," she instructs her younger brother.

The beast slowly makes his way to the two Jardin's. Looking at them with calculated eyes as if he already knew what the girl closest to him would do. Unconsciously Thana takes a step back, pushing Latif with his back against the forcefield that cornered them.

"I am sorry," Thana says to no one in particular. "I am so sorry," her voice cracks.

In a split second, Latif falls and pulls Thana with him. The beast stands up to look even bigger and more threatening. But as he goes for the attack, the forcefield is back up. Protecting the two tributes from the beast who looks anything but pleased.

"That was close," Thana chuckles, "let's not do that again." She laughs softly trying to shake off the event before looking at Latif, "Holy shit. Has it stopped or is it still going?"

"I don't know," Latif mutters with tears in his eyes, "I don't dare to look."

"It is okay," Thana hovers her hand above the wound, not wanting to bring her brother in more pain, "I am afraid you are still bleeding; we need to apply pressure."

Just as she says that, she feels the ground shake underneath them. Thana grasp Latif and pulls him up, looking around widened eyes as they see the trees shake.

"What the fuck is going on?" Latif asks and Thana shakes her head.

"I have no idea," Thana says, "I hope it stops soon."

The siblings walk through the thick jungle, never ending shaking happening that seems to go harder every shake. Standing straight or walking barely possible, but still, they continue in hopes of finding the beach. Behind them many cracks can be heard with occasional booms following them.

"I sure have no idea what is happening," Latif breathes, "but I do know we need to get away underneath these trees." His breathing is becoming laboring.