14.

"You stupid bitch", Daniel spit on me as he wiped my blood off his hands onto a cloth. My dead eyes watched him as I felt all my strength leave me, broken and weak. Daniel walked back over to me, stumbling in pain from his neck but the rage was still in his eyes as he grabbed my chin. He whispered closely to me, "Tell your slut of a mother I say hi", as he throws me against the cobble wall with so much force my eyes had blackened over. I screamed out as I heard the door shut, telling me that Daniel had finally left.

All I could feel before was pain. It had become the person I was, filling me to the brim with agony and aches. I knew my body was bruised heavily, the cuts dried along my body and my neck still slowly dripping in blood. I couldn't cry anymore, the tears dried in my eyes as I stared at the ceiling with dead eyes. My prayers to my mother and any God had ceased, realizing that it was of no use. I could only hope the slash in my neck would drain me dry, leaving me to fall asleep in the arms of death. I knew I was dying, and that all those questions I asked before would become answered in dear time. My body no longer felt cold, the pain subsiding into a numbness spreading through my fingers and my heart beat becoming slower with each breath.

Maybe this was it.

Maybe this was what was supposed to happen to me, this was my purpose. There was still so much I wanted to do, so much I wanted to live for but my body wouldn't allow it. I couldn't move, my body stuck to the floor bleeding into the cracks of the cement. I hope they would be kind enough to not let me rot here, at least give my body some respect and let me lie beside my mother for eternity. I tried not to think of those I left behind, it was too unbearable to think of their faces when I didn't return. But the mind always makes you think of the things you don't want, leaving you rendered meaningless to its capabilities.

Franky. Ms. Landal. Knox and Xander...

"Adelaide..."

"Mum?", I whispered looking at the woman in front of me. I knew this wasn't real, I was dying and now I was seeing things including my dead mother. But, I wouldn't push away these false thoughts as I truly didn't want to die alone. I needed her right now, and I wouldn't give that up. I could only hope when I did fall into the dark eternity I'd see her waiting for me.

"Oh, my baby", she cried out as she placed a hand on my cheek which I don't even know if I could feel. Everything around me was so cold, there was no more heat produced from my body.

Tears fell down my cheeks as I cried out to her, "Mummy..."

"This isn't how it was supposed to be", she muttered looking over my bruised and battered body. I shook my head crying to her as I whispered out, "I'm dying, Mum. It doesn't hurt anymore"

"You have to hold on. For them.", she cried to me and I immediately knew who she was talking about. But I could feel the life draining from my body, the light leaving me. I muttered quietly, "I don't know if I can" as my eyes fluttered shut.

I could hear her whisper into my ear as I fell back into the darkness around me, "They're here, darling. Hold on"

I could barely make out the sound of shouting and screaming of men through the corridors, but the blood loss my body was going through made it impossible to focus. My mother was now gone, leaving me here but there wasn't any fear left. My vision started to blur and dizziness began setting in, my consciousness slowly fading away. I could still hear the faint sound of the men's voices, but their words were muffled and distant. As my body started to give in, I could feel my breath becoming shallow and my heart rate slowing down. I was slowly getting weaker, and the men's voices were becoming more and more distant. As I drifted in and out of consciousness, I could feel the warmth of the blood on the floor, and the coldness of the cement beneath me.