11.

I watch as Xander's face contorted into an inhuman mask, his long fangs jutting out of his mouth and his eyes glowing a deep, blood-red colour. His mouth opened in a silent snarl as he bared his fangs at her. I screamed in terror and stumbled back, my eyes wide with fear at the sight of him.

"Don't be afraid little one", Xander assured me but his words flew through my ears.

I screamed loudly as I crawled on the ground quickly, "Get back!"

Paralyzed with fear, I stumbled back until I felt the cold metal of the shotgun in my hand. With trembling hands, I aimed the weapon at Xander, my heart pounding in my chest. I could feel the sweat dripping down my forehead as I stared into his glowing eyes.

"You're the beast!", I yelled as I looked at him with disgust. How could he have tricked me, he was right under my nose this whole time!?

Xander sighed loudly with his hands in the air as he spits out, "I promise Adelaide I am far from those mutts"

"Y-you...Daniel was right...?", I mutter as tears flood my eyes.

"No Addy, we are not responsible for these attacks. Do I look like a wolf? Do I have the claws like those beasts?", he asked me with desperation in his voice making me look over his body. No claws. No wolf. Only red violent eyes and long fangs.

Xander slowly stepped forward, his hands up in surrender. "Addy, please," he begged, his voice trembling with emotion. "Put the gun down. I won't hurt you." His eyes were filled with sadness and his face was contorted with grief. I could feel the tears streaming down my face as I slowly lowered the gun, my hands shaking as I let it drop to the ground.

I collapsed onto the floor, sobbing uncontrollably, overwhelmed by the pain and confusion of the moment. Xander knelt beside me and gently took my hand in his. He held me close to his chest and stroked my hair, softly murmuring words of comfort.

"Elskling? Xander?", the deep Norwegian voice came from our left in the forest making me break my touch with Xander as I looked to see Knox. He was covered in blood, coating his clothes as his eyes fell onto my figure.

"What did he do to her?", Knox's eyes changed into a deep red, glowing with an unnatural intensity that made me tense. I realized that Knox was just like Xander, with the same fangs and glowing eyes. I was terrified, my body trembling with slight fear as I stared at the two of them.

"Daniel he...he--he did something to my neck", I muttered out through the pain looking down with disgust that I felt for myself. I don't know why I felt this, but being around them both seemed to amplify these feelings.

"He forcefully marked her Knox, will you stay for this?", Xander stated trying to maintain calmness when he spoke to him but I could feel the anger from his words. But his words just fueled my confusion, what did he mean mark? The bite?

Knox's face seemed to contort in rage, his eyes becoming darker as he clenched his fists. His knuckles were turning white from the pressure and his breathing became heavier. He took a few steps forward, his body tense with anger. He seemed to be more furious than Xander had been, radiating an air of violence that made me even more afraid. He began his dark tone, "I cannot, she's too...Drittsekk. I'll kill him"

Knox suddenly shot forward, his legs moving in inhuman speed until he had disappeared into the darkness of the forest. I could feel the tears streaming down my face as I shouted his name, desperately hoping he would come back. But he was gone, and I was left alone with Xander. I looked back to Xander with widened eyes but he stroked my hair saying, "He can't darling, he needs to go for now"

"Why?", I sob out feeling the need for both of them. I couldn't describe the feeling but it hurt when he left, like a part of me had disappeared.

"That mutt did something to you that is unspeakable to our kind, Addy. Let me take the pain away, please I beg you"