7.

I banged on the tavern's front door loudly, screaming out "Franky!". I waited a few seconds before banging again, my voice echoing down the street. My voice was echoing off the walls of the surrounding buildings. I looked back to Xander and Knox, where Xander rolled his eyes before smirking and giving the door a louder knock than I could.

I heard a loud, gruff voice swearing inside the tavern before the door opened. Franky stood in the doorway, looking exhausted and dishevelled. He had a wild look in his eyes like he hadn't slept in days. He let out a deep sigh before saying, "Christ lass, its 9 in the morning."

"I need to talk to you, now!", I scream through the pouring rain as Franky's eyes look behind to see Xander and Knox.

"Alright...who's these dossers", he asked with a gruff voice making me smile at how protective he could be.

Through a light chuckle, I yell out, "Easy Franky, friends. Let us in."

As Franky let us into the tavern, the air was saturated with a thick, oppressive atmosphere. The room was still in disarray from the incident, with overturned chairs, broken glass, and pools of Finn's blood scattered throughout the area. The tension was palpable, and I could feel the fear and panic that had filled the room just minutes before. Franky's eyes were filled with worry and exhaustion, and he quickly ushered us into the back room, away from the chaos.

"I'm knackered lass, what's wrong? Where'd you go off to last night?", Franky asked with a tired expression.

I quickly lied, not wanting to say I stayed with the two men behind me, "To Ms. Landals, how's Finn? He is alive?"

Knox was looking around quickly, fidgeting and clenching his fists for some reason while Xander stood stoically unbothered from the chaos. Maybe Knox wasn't good with blood.

"Yeah he is, brutal but he'll be fine I bet. Doc says that'll have to wait and see, hoping for no infection. He's back with his lady at home right now", Franky answered quietly his eyes wareily watching the two men.

"Oh Frank this is Alexander and Knox, they'll be staying in town for a bit", I state quickly trying to ease his nerves.

"We're hoping to join your hunt for the beast", Xander's British accent peeks through our voices deeply making Franky loosen up.

He chuckles lightly, "Aye, we need the men so I won't turn ye away. Thank you, boys, I assume you'll be taking care of Adelaide here."

"Frank!", I hissed out in embarrassment but they seemed to ignore me as Xander spoke with a laugh, "Yes sir, of course."

"You'll need some firepower then, cmon lad", Franky ushered Xander who followed while giving me a smirk.

"Knox? You alright?"

"I'm alright Elskling, come here."

I felt a bit confused as I walked over to him, but he quickly embraced me into a hug and I could feel him smelling my hair secretively. I leaned into him, his chin resting lightly on my hair as I was now surrounded by his spicey scent making me relax instantly. It was an odd feeling, but it seemed we both comforted each other. I wasn't going to push it away, it truly was the only thing holding me together in these times.

The world seemed clearer when they were around, even though we hadn't known each other for longer than a day...

Something, something was there.

Who was I to give away something that felt this good?

We walked through the ran from Franky's, rifles in all our hands thanks to the Irish man and were on our way to Jess and Finn's home. As we walked past the gate of the little village home, we could see a small, neatly trimmed lawn with a few trees providing shade. The house was two stories high with white walls and a red roof. The windows were framed with bright blue shutters and there were a few colorful flower beds lining the path to the entrance.