CHAPTER TWO

Today has been good so far except for the fact that my nightmare woke me up which is fairly normal.

       I sat at my corner in the bookstore reading one of my favorite novels since there was basically nothing left to do, the bookshelves were sparkling and each book was arranged according to their various genres.

          Rita is busy attending to a girl who came to borrow some novels she's quite a regular. I sat there immersed in my novel, the main character is almost like me just that she has a happy ending while me, am not so sure.

                  "Aren't you going home dear" I heard Rita's voice in the background causing me to halt my reading.

"We've not closed yet" I said confused as to why she's letting me off early. 

                  "It's past our closing time, you were so focused on your book so I didn't want to disturb you"

      "Ohh...thanks" I looked at the clock on the wall and she was right, the time was far spent and the place was nearly deserted save for some few people who were rounding up.

      I wrapped up my stuff dropping the book back in a specific spot where I'll notice tomorrow, I can't take it home since I'll be busy doing you know what.

          "You can get going, I'll lock up" I smiled at her, knowing she probably has things to do at home.

           "Oh,that's sweet of you.....bye and have a goodnight"

      "Yeah bye, and goodnight to you too" I said causing her to smile before exiting the building.

     Getting to work, I arranged the tables and chairs making sure  everything was in order before locking up.

        The walk home is usually not a long one but I normally take the longer route just to lessen the amount of time I'll spend at home.

       There were two cars on our front porch which I recognized as those of Sally's friend, bracing myself up for some insults, I walked in noticing how they paused their conversation and turned to face my direction, the smiles on their face instantly changing to a scowl, a very mean one at that.

       " Good evening" i awkwardly greeted them receiving nothing but eye rolls.

        "I can't believe this trash is still living with you" the one i recognize as cindy speaks up, it's fairly normal since shes the meanest of them all. 

        " i know right...shes pathetic but at least she helps with some house chores instead of employing some random house help"  she responded in her typical way.

      " Hey...we need more supply of drinks here" marie her second friend spoke up and i didn't waste anymore time standing there, marie has hit me countless times and for silly reasons so am obviously scared of her than cindy.

      The day of the feast is increasingly drawing near, the town is bustling with activities. Many people usually find their mate in these events, so as expected everybody is rushing to buy dresses, jewelry and all  sorts of beauty things just to attract mates.

   Sally, Allen and avery went to the spa to get their hair and nails done , the bookshop did not open today since there will be literally no customers around save for some few nerds which Rita couldn't be bothered about, her words not mine.

    Am currently seated in the laundry room folding and ironing the laundry clothes i washed, i will be wearing one of my moms old dresses which is still a bit manageable.

       It will be the first time i will be attending this feast due to several reasons that are all revolving around sally and my stepsisters, the most common gossip of this years feast is the quest to attract our alpha's attention, he took over as an alpha at a young age due to the fact that his father stepped down because of personal reasons that were surrounding the death of his mate and our luna, i still remember that day, the whole town wore a gloomy expression.

       I've stumbled upon several discussions where Allen is scheming on how to attract noble suitors including our alpha, its no news that allen is a bit of a player, always changing guys on a regular basis and mind you, they were always rich, while avery is waiting to find her mate but still dates once in a while.

      The thought of having a mate never crossed my mind once since am basically human and moreover i overheard sally planning to marry me off to the highest bidder or maybe ship me off to god knows where,that's why i try my best not to piss her off since being the child of my mother already does, the thought of me being sold off to some old pervert sends shivers down my spine but i would rather die or escape before that will happen.

    I just pray to God that before then a miracle will happen.