CHAPTER ONE

The majority of the story will be in crystal's pov but I will always notify when not.
Feel free to comment.🖤
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Icy fingers gripped my arms in the darkness causing me to turn abruptly but was met with pitch darkness.

       I could clearly hear my heart beating wildly with the eerie silence that enveloped me but then the rustling dry leaves in the bushes coming closer to my direction made me take several cautious steps backwards at the same time being conscious of my surroundings.

     I could hear heavy footsteps coming towards my left and instantly I turned towards that direction only to be met with a pair of red fiery eyes staring at me and I jolted out of bed, my whole body was drenched in sweat. I looked at my clock which read 6:15am.

     This same dream has been tormenting me seen I could remember and it has become a norm. Those burning orbs like stones from hell made me shudder.

    I walked into my bathroom and had a quick shower avoiding the bruises that were healing, I had to get dressed and prepare breakfast before Allen and Avery wakes up. Allen and Avery are my stepsisters and let just say we don't get along too well.

       " Crystal!!.... where's your sick ass?" Allen yelled from wherever she was, and that's what I mean when I say we don't get along well.

I walked over to the door and opened it. I was met with her usual scowl.

      "Let everything be set before seven" she barked harshly while I simply nodded as she sauntered back to her room, hurriedly i got dressed in a simple jean and plain top. I rushed to the kitchen to prepare some pancakes for breakfast.

        After setting the dinning table for breakfast, I stood beside the table waiting for them to come down. Avery appeared first, followed by Allen both wearing designer dresses.

          " Good morning" I greeted avoiding eye contact especially Avery, her green eyes were manipulative especially when it's her wolf.

          "Hump" she brushed past me and had her seat, while Allen sat quietly which I was grateful for.

         " Oh..what a wonderful day for a vacation" Sally, my stepmom's voice sounded from the staircase.

         " Good morning ma" i greeted her earning a hard glare from her.

        " Ha!...this filth is obviously here to spoil everything" she looked down at me while I avoided her gaze, the last time I held her gaze let's just say it wasn't a pretty ending.

        " Out" she commanded and I didn't need to be told twice, I dashed into the kitchen. Her canine would tear me in pieces.

       Yeah.. she and my stepsisters are wolves majorly everyone in this state were wolves and yes the humans are aware and well they are cool with it after all our Alpha is one of the most successful billionaires here, but you could guess, am human born from wolf parents, I was pathetic in the sight of my father and my mother was the best to my remembrance.

           Walking under the hot sun, I hurried to the bookstore where I worked, thankfully it wasn't too far. Rita was already there, she's the closest thing I have to a mother.

         " Morning Rita" I greeted the middle aged woman who was also a wolf.

          " Morning dearie....how was your night" she asked flashing her beautiful smile which I returned mouthing a fine to her before going to finish arranging the shelves I didn't get to finish the day before.

     Rita was always there for me and I wouldn't forget the first night I met her, after being beaten badly by Sally, she helped me to dress my wounds that day and offered to help me out by giving me a job here, from then on she always tend to my injury and bruises without prying too much which I was grateful for but I think she already knows.