23화

‎♡‧₊˚✧ ૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა ✧˚₊‧♡

Heeseung pov

It had been a couple of days since the date with Jaeyun and Heeseung hadn't heard from him yet.

He decided to just give him space but he couldn't stop thinking about the younger. Every time he remembered Saturday morning, he regretted asking about Sunjae, and how he didn't man up and asked about what he was actually curious of: the kiss.

Of course he had been thinking about that too, but he didn't know how to approach the subject with Jaeyun. Plus all the sudden advances towards him made him lose sense of reason and he just cowered when he was about to ask:

"Do you regret what happened between us? Or would it have been okay to keep going?"

Now he had gone and messed up the date, Jaeyun's effort on reserving the place and most importantly, how much courage it must have taken him to confess in that situation.

Because even though Jaeyun was upset and crying, he still said he likes Heeseung. Likes, in present tense. Said he wants to get to know him better. He said he was only thinking of him.

And again, how badly Heeseung wanted to just turn back time and change his words. But he couldn't, now it was time to be brave. It was time to face the consequences and accept whatever outcome it may bring.

Or at least try.

Heeseung had been walking by the clinic every day from across the street to see if he could catch a glimpse of his favorite nurse. Unfortunately, Jaeyun never had a reason to be outside so he never saw him.

Until the seventh day, that is.

He was walking towards the clinic when he noticed Jaeyun walking towards him with someone else, a familiar face to Heeseung. Before he could register the other person though, he noticed how Jaeyun looked so blue and unlike his usual self.

Right when he thought he had been seen by both men, he went inside a convenience store to his left and hid there until he looked out and saw none of the males. He turned to walk opposite from the clinic when he was grabbed and turned around quickly.

"If it isn't my best friend's crush. Didn't expect to see you here so soon Lee Heeseung," Sunghoon said with a grin.

Heeseung was embarrassed for being caught trying to get away and he didn't register the nickname Sunghoon had addressed him with.

"Hi Sunghoon, it's nice to see you again."

"Same here. After only texting a couple times we finally meet, but I can't say I'm too happy with you," Sunghoon said half joking and half not.

Heeseung stuffed his hands in his jean's pockets.

"He told you about the way I fucked it up, didn't he?"

Sunghoon smiled at Heeseung's disappointed tone, "yeah, although he didn't say you fucked up. He believes it was him who fucked up. You know, since whenever you two met by chance he'd end up pouring out his emotions and you'd cheer him up."

"What?! No he didn't! Agh!" Heeseung covered his face in his hands in frustration, "I should've been braver, but noooo, I was the stupidest coward and messed up..."

The former ice skater pondered a bit in silence.

"It's not for me to say this but he's really just embarrassed. About the way he opened himself to you over his ex and about the way he reacted that time you asked him about it. He just doesn't know how to deal with his big fat crush on you and thinks he's the one who messed up. Because of the way your date ended and because of the kiss."