12화

‎♡‧₊˚✧ ૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა ✧˚₊‧♡

"Truth be told, I wasn't okay when you asked earlier," Jaeyun confessed. They had long finished their ice creams and were just talking comfortably.

Heeseung stayed silent, listening intently.

"The guy that you saved my wrist from last week called me today. And foolishly, I answered. He wanted me to see him and listen to him."

Heeseung thought there was more to be said but Jaeyun didn't look like he was going to keep talking.

"Is that why you were at the park? Because you met with him?" Heeseung asked feeling his blood drain to his feet. "Did he make you cry again?"

Jaeyun shook his head. Heeseung was confused.

"I didn't meet him. I told him to never call me again and blocked his number before I caved, because I know I could've. I just felt so broken after doing that, and my apartment started to feel stuffy. I couldn't stay there alone. I went to the park because I didn't know where else to go, Sunghoon was busy today and it made me feel worse that... there was no one I could call."

Heeseung's heart clenched.

"You can always call me."

Jaeyun looked at Heeseung and made an 'are you serious?' face. Heeseung laughed a little.

"I mean it. If I can be of help in any way, I would be delighted."

Jaeyun sighed.

"Thank you for confiding in me. I know it must have been hard for you, and I'm sorry you're going through so much, Jaeyun."

Jaeyun felt a knot start making its way to his throat. He cleared his throat before it grew, he had cried too much for one day.

But then Heeseung hugged him, he had noticed his eyes were glossy, and Jaeyun felt so soothed he let his eyes spill the tears he had left to cry.

"You know, it's okay to not be okay all the time. You're allowed to feel sad and hurt and broken. It's really the only way you'll start to heal. It doesn't have to be quick, you gotta take your time and let it all out," Heeseung said softly to Jaeyun.

"Mr. Cha was right," Jaeyun said after wiping his tears once they had separated from the hug.

"About what?" Heeseung asked a little worried. What did Mr. Cha tell Jaeyun about me?

"You are very wise for a 23 year old," Jaeyun said with a small smile.

Heeseung laughed relieved.

"I'll take that as a compliment, Sim Jaeyun."

"You're allowed to, Lee Heeseung."

Jaeyun felt like he hadn't in months, he felt lighter and relieved. For the first time in a long while, he felt like his life wasn't so damaged. And for the first time ever, he felt like he actually deserved to be truly happy. And loved.

And he laughed because just a couple days ago he was still very wary about Heeseung's intentions. Tonight he realized he didn't have to be, Heeseung's words and actions towards him didn't show any ill intentions. On the contrary, he constantly helped Jaeyun feel better about himself up until now.

So Jaeyun let Heeseung have the benefit of the doubt. He was in a trial of innocent until proven guilty to see if Jaeyun was right about trusting him.