7화

‎♡‧₊˚✧ ૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა ✧˚₊‧♡

A month ago

Heeseung was visiting the clinic in hopes of catching Jaeyun during his free time, like he did almost every week day. Of course, destiny had other plans. Jaeyun was treating a kid who had fallen off her bicycle and scraped her knees and elbows.

"Hello Mr. Cha, how is everything today?" Heeseung greeted the smiling doctor.

"Heeseung-ah, hello! Nothing to complain about, how is your leg healing? I see you barely limp anymore."

"It's going great! Sometimes I even forget I got stitches in my leg. But when I remember, I can't help but smile knowing it was Jaeyun who did them," Heeseung confessed. He was very honest and Mr. Cha liked that.

"Hoho, I see someone's interested in my Jaeyun-ah~ Must be because he's very handsome, blond hair really suits him, doesn't it?"

Heeseung nodded smiling, "he is very handsome, but that's not entirely why I'm into him. I really want to get to know him, I was hoping I could talk with him today but it seems there's a line and I'm always last," Heeseung chuckled.

Mr. Cha nodded, "and you'll have to keep waiting. He's not just always busy, but he also has someone already..."

Heeseung couldn't help but feel a little disheartened.

"Like, a girlfriend?"

Mr. Cha shook his head no, "more like a lover."

Heeseung had a blue appearance with that four-word comment.

"But if I'm honest with you, I don't think his lover's a good man. He's always exhausting Jaeyun-ah and never really takes care of him. It's like he sucks the energy out of him. Even after that, though, Jaeyun's always happy to hear from him."

Heeseung was now concerned, "does he mistreat him often?"

Mr. Cha shook his head again, "it's not that, but he doesn't treat him well either. I hate to see Jaeyun so saddened whenever they fight, though. Only they know what it is they have going on. If you ask me, though, that Sunjae is nothing but trouble."

Heeseung was worried now, and saddened himself. Why would someone as amazing as Jaeyun be with someone who doesn't treat him well?

A quote from an american movie popped in his mind.

"We accept the love we think we deserve," Heeseung said in a low voice.

"Yeah, that's very true," Mr. Cha said. "You're wise for a 25 year old young man, Heeseung-ah."

Heeseung giggled but shook his head, "I'm actually 23, but thank you. And it's just something from a movie, Jaeyun's situation reminded me of it."

There was silence for a while between them. Only the little girl hiccuping and Jaeyun's reassuring words were heard.

"Well, I guess I better get going. My boss won't be so nice if I get back just in time. He's always about us arriving 10 minutes early after lunch break," Heeseung said to Mr. Cha.

"You come during your lunch break? When do you eat?" Mr. Cha asked worriedly.

"I have snacks on the way here, don't worry," Heeseung smiled.

Mr. Cha didn't approve of how little he ate so he gave Heeseung a container with sliced mango that Jaeyun always brought to work for Mr. Cha.

"Here, take this and enjoy it. But don't forget to bring back the container, it's Jaeyun's."