20화

‎♡‧₊˚✧ ૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა ✧˚₊‧♡

Jaeyun dreaded Monday the most. He also looked forward to it the most. Why? Well, pretty simple. Because one Lee Heeseung might just stop by. So yeah, he was both terrified and excited for him to come by the clinic.

He was walking down the street to the clinic from the bus stop and he saw that it was open already. According to the time and their usual schedule, they didn't open for another 15 minutes. So he rushed to the door and walked in a little agitated.

Mr. Cha was attending a young man that looked just a bit younger than Jaeyun.

"Hi Mr. Cha. What happened?"

Mr. Cha looked at Jaeyun and smiled widely, "oh, Jaeyun-ah, this young man twisted his ankle. Nothing I can't help with. Why don't you go and leave your things so you can cover for me while I help him?"

Jaeyun nodded and walked right into his office. The utter shock in both men's faces was like one out of a romance drama. Lee Heeseung was sitting in the chair in front of Jaeyun's desk and Jaeyun had just opened his locker to leave his bag when he noticed the older.

"H-Heeseung?"

The 23-year-old stood up and walked until he was one step from Jaeyun.

"Your... your hair... you dyed it," Heeseung said slowly.

Jaeyun scratched the back of his neck and looked away, suddenly self conscious, "yeah, I wanted a change of looks..."

Heeseung gulped, "it looks–"

They were interrupted by the sound of the bell in the front door.

"Ah, I should get that. Um, feel free to stay if you want."

Heeseung shook his head disappointedly, "I can't actually, I came here with someone."

And that one sentence sounded painful to Jaeyun. He came here with someone?

"Oh, okay."

Jaeyun walked out of his office with his head low and flipping his hair back. He looked up and saw a woman in her mid-forties with a bag of ice over her forehead.

While Jaeyun attended the lady, he saw Heeseung walk to the guy Mr. Cha was helping and how Heeseung helped him up by the hand. Jaeyun didn't look at them again, still feeling embarrassed after Friday's incident. Heedeung didn't say goodbye to him either.

Jaeyun felt his heart squeeze a bit painfully, but he decided to focus on the lady's bruise. She had been hit with a tennis ball by accident and she was worried it would swell. He aided her and assured her it wouldn't leave any kind of marks and she was good to go.

Jaeyun was cleaning the utensils they used when Mr. Cha started a conversation.

"What a lovely surprise Jaeyun-ah! You look amazing with dark brown hair!"

Jaeyun started playing with his hair anxiously, "does it actually look good? Isn't it, like, strange? Does it suit me?? Maybe I should've gone full black..."

Mr. Cha stopped his ramble, "what nonsense are you spewing? You look very handsome! Mr. Lee Heeseung couldn't help but glance at you at least four times while he was leaving."

"What're you saying, Mr. Chaaa~?" Jaeyun hid behind his arms but put them down right away.

"It's true; unfortunately he was helping the young man he brought in, but I'm sure he wanted to say goodbye properly."

Jaeyun nodded and then went to think again about the guy Heeseung was with. He didn't attend the event on Friday, so he couldn't possibly work with him. But then, that meant they saw each other intentionally. Like, they planned it. Which for some reason bothered Jaeyun.