Keeper - Lockwood x reader

requested by @xxxantixsocialxxx  

(this is a whole story in itself. sorry about the length of it. its nice and sweet though)

y/n pov

Flo Bones was one of the only other solo hunters I trusted. We would hunt for relics along the Thames right after big storms. Relics were more likely to wash up when the water rose.

I had left Fittes two years ago. I got all four grades in order to become a solo agent and now I just relic hunt with my abilities. It's not morally right but I need the money.

I don't talk much and Flo doesn't seem to mind. Only that she always mentions some pest she calls Locky.

One day after a storm, Flo said she had a job for me, a real one with an agency. It came with free housing and she claimed it was distinguished. Lockwood and Co.

I would be the source identifier since that was basically what I was doing now. The other agents would fight the ghosts and capture the source.

I agreed and had the interview the next day. I wore my second best outfit and stood at the doorstep after I rang the bell. It looked like an ordinary house, 35 Portland Row, except for the tiny plaque that read the agency's name.

I heard some shuffling and the door opened to reveal a boy around my age in glasses looking quite frazzled.

"Sorry, I didn't realize the top lock was still locked," He apologized. "I'm George. Come in."

"I'm Y/n," I said as I stepped in.

"Lockwood's in the study. Straight down, first door on the right," George told me.

"Thank you," I replied, and walked down the hall. There were artifacts and sources in silver glass lining the walls along with a slew of rapiers and chains hanging around.

I found the study quite easily, and there was someone facing away from me in a large chair.

"Um, hello. I'm Y/n," I said awkwardly, standing in the doorway.

The guy stood up and turned towards me, who happened to not be a man at all. A boy, same age as George and I, faced me. Dark hair and eyes and pale skin came into view.

"My name's Lockwood. Please take a seat. Flo said you're a relic hunter and quite a good one from what she told me," He began.

I sat down. "Are you in charge?" I asked.

He looked a bit taken aback that I said that but he didn't falter.

"Yes, I am. I have the permits and all documents to showcase that. I want to make a name for myself and for others who don't want to work for big companies and instead show that young agents make all the difference without adult supervision. George and I have started this company fairly recently and we only just put out adverts for other agents to join. But Flo always mentions you in our past and how you're raving about joining an agency. So what better way to jump in headfirst with a company than with Lockwood and Co.," The boy Lockwood said.

I only stared at him for a few seconds. "What would I gain from this position?"

"You are welcome to live here. George and I are the only ones currently. You'll also have to help around the house if you choose to stay here. If you have other arrangements then that's okay as well. But do expect me to call for you at random times of the day for jobs we may have."

I looked around the study. "I think I'll live here. It beats Flo's snoring. Don't tell her I said that."

"That's quite alright. I'm not going to test you because I trust Flo enough that you're not lying."

Lockwood and Co. One ShotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara