Balancing a Relationship

A/N: Emma x Reader

Summary: Y/n is to new-ish to motherhood, having a 3 year old son, and when being asked out by her work-crush, Emma Myers, plans end up having to change.

HERE WE GO!

____________________________________________________________________________

Y/n's POV:

I arrive home, holding onto my son, Henry, I smile looking down at him. Bouncing him as he is looking at me. I smile, kissing his cheek and stepping inside, shutting and locking the door behind me. He yawns, rubbing his eyes.

I just moved to LA as I just finished a movie that was fun to film. I got to film with Emma Myers and she hasn't met my son yet but I feel like she will soon. My mom and dad went before me and unpacked a lot of my things, mostly my mom while my dad built a lot of things which was very helpful.

I walk over toward the couch and set down the baby bag and sit down, resting Henry on my chest, he pats, whining.

"Shh, love, it's okay." I whisper to him, kissing his forehead gently and stroking the bridge of his nose. Noticing his eyes flutter shut, I smile, noticing his head is against my chest, listening to my heartbeat. I look down at him, smiling.

I hear a knock on my door then the door unlock and open, I glance over, seeing my mom.

"Hey, I just—" She gasps and walks over, rubbing my head and kissing my head as she admires Henry and smiles widely. "He's such a cute sleeper." Mom whispers, I nod and smile widely.

"He is, yeah." I whisper in reply, admiring him in my arms. "I just... I can't take my eyes off of him. Things feel so fast already." I confess, shyly, Mom nods in agreement, looking over at me.

"I might've not been so supportive of your decision to leave... him. But... But I think you both did a great job." Mom tells me, I look over at her and see her smile softly. I lean more toward her and she smiles, moving her arm on the back of the couch.

"Thanks, Mom." I thank her, leaning into her and feeling myself begin to fall asleep against her.

***

I wake up to being laid down on the couch with Henry on my chest, a blanket over us. I glance around and see a plate of left over chicken roast and some gravy on the mash potatoes. I smile and move the plate over, grabbing the cutlery and moving the plate so it's not in Henry's way.

I hear Henry whine and I immediately look over at him, seeing him blink himself awake only to fall back asleep. I sigh in relief, beginning to quietly eat.

***

I snap awake to hearing crying and I immediately move to the bottom of the bed and look into the crib to see Henry crying.

He's sleeping in my room as his room isn't done.

"Oh, baby, Mommy's here, love." I say to him, picking him up and bouncing him, rubbing his back. I do that for 10 minutes only for him to cry more. "Ohh, no." I mutter, trying to breastfeed him but he doesn't want that either. I try to hand him a toy, he doesn't want that. I checked if he peed or pooed, he didn't. I try to put in his dummy, but guess what? He doesn't want that either. "What is it? What do you need, love?" I ask him, hearing him cry harder, making me cry as I sit down and rest him against my chest, bouncing him lightly and trying to calm him down while crying.

***

I finally managed to get him to fall asleep somehow and I'm lying down on my bed, him on my chest, listening to my heartbeat. I grab my phone and see that my work-crush, Emma Myers, has texted me.