Date or Meeting?

Deshawn's POV

I pulled up to Zuri's crib, it wasn't too extravagant but it was a nice size for her. I saw her come out of the house and I stepped out the car and I noticed a lightskin nigga standing there.

"Hey, Zuri"

"Heyy DeShawnn"
She sounded full of joy but I could tell something was bothering her.
I opened the car door for her and walked around to get in the driver's seat. Ex for a reason by Summer Walker  played on the playlist I had just for this date.
I broke the silence with a question as I drove.
"So who was that dude in your house?"

"Oh that was Alonzo, my boyfriend"

Boyfriend?

"Oh okay.."

"What's wrong? This isn't a date is it?"

"Oh no it's just a meeting get to know each other"

"Yea that's what I thought, I knew you wasn't about to take me on a date and we barely know each other."

I chuckled at the tone she had while saying that.

"Do you have any siblings or family?" I asked her.

"Oh yea I have a brother. His name is Chris, he's very protective of me so don't try nothing. It took him 2 months to trust Lonzo. You?" she smiled.

"Nope, I'm the only child sadly."

"Aw it's okay" she rubbed my shoulder and giggled.

1 minute later

We arrived at Carrie's fine dining and I got out to open the car door for her.

I got a lil chop before this "meeting" because I had to look good for (bae) her.

"Welcome to Carrie's, how many are in your party?" The waitress asked.

"Two."

"Okay, follow me!"

We got to our tables and sat down.

"What you gone get?" I asked her in a low voice.

"Probably the lamb chop with asparagus and mashed potatoes."

Sounded bust as hell to be honest.

"Okay I'll just get the same as you."

Two minutes later

"Okay what can I start you off with for drinks and appetizers?"

I gave Zuri a go first look.

"I'll have the watermelon infused margarita." She told the waitress

"Let me get a quick pick and two chicken nuggets"

A/N: IM PLAYING

"Let me get a Dr. Pepper"

I had to get something else because I'm driving and had to stay onna ready just in case.

After Dinner

"Hey, thank you DeShawn for this"

"Yea no problem, you know I gotchu when ever you want dinner or something"

We're on the road and she asked me some questions like this is fuckin questionaire for $1,000,000 but I didn't say anything.

"How long have you been into designing?"

"For about 2-3 years..I have my own line called Bubble Bèllo" (bubble BAElo)

"Oh that's nice, I might have to pull up on that website" she giggled

"Yea you might have to, I might get you something for da free but you never know"

"I-"

Zuri's house

"Again, DeShawn thank you for this friendly dinner. I hope I get to see you again"

"You too" I waited for her to get in the house before I pulled off but she came back out.