Twenty Nine

I WANT TO BE YOURS FOR AS LONG AS YOU'D HAVE ME

I'D HAVE YOU FOREVER IF YOU'D LET ME

[ 2.08 ]

"Venus."

Venus spun around with a glare so dark it could match any that she sent David or Harry's way. Her eyes landed on Tori and furrowed her eyebrows. Her initial rage washed away but she still felt her annoyance bubbling in her. She just wanted to tell her boyfriend that she loved him. Since when did that become so hard to do?

"Tori, I swear to god you better have a damn good reason—"

"Michael is trying to get me to dance with him," Tori explained through gritted teeth, "I don't dance."

Venus blinked.

"You're on the dance floor right now," Venus deadpanned.

"I know."

"You're kinda bopping around as well," Nick tilted his head in confusion as he watched Tori.

"I know!"

Venus eyes widened, a laugh leaving her lips, "Oh my god! Michael convinced you to dance!"

"I escaped," Tori told her, "But he's freakishly tall and I think he might find me again."

"Dance with Nick for a minute and I'll steal Michael," Venus smiled at her in amusement, "Then you can go sit down again. We go on stage in like ten anyways. I'll just run through some riffs with him."

"Thank you," Tori told her.

Venus turned to Nick, giving him an apologetic smile. Nick nodded his head, understanding completely. Venus' relationship with both the Spring siblings were her most important ones and she would absolutely do anything for them. Nick knew that there was no way she would ever not help them.

"You know what I was trying to say, right?" Venus asked quietly, biting down on her lip nervous.

"I know," he told her softly, "And I do too."

Venus flushed, "Good to know."

Venus planted a kiss on his cheek before disappearing into the crowd. Nick offered Tori his arm and let the girl latch onto him as they pushed through the crowd. They fell into a silence for a few moments before Tori finally brought her gaze to the boy.

"I'm sorry," she told him.

"For what?" Nick asked her in confusion, walking her back to the table she was sitting at.

"For saying that you don't look after her at the bonfire," Tori sighed, "You didn't break your promise at all. I think you do a better job at looking after her than I do."