Chapter Nineteen

I'M NOT BUILT TO BE A GIRLFRIEND

[ 2.02 ]

After her little talk with Charlie's parents, Venus ended up going straight to bed and not waking up until well into the morning the following day. As the Spring family were well-aware of Venus' trouble sleeping and how it negatively affected her anxiety about school, they decided to let her have the day off school. They knew that when she woke up, she wouldn't do anything stupid and likely would just get back to studying.

Which was right. When Venus woke up, feeling genuinely refreshed and awake, she got straight to studying. She sat over her math notes and flicked through her textbook, counting down the minutes until Nick texted her that he was home from school.

When that text came through, Venus was quick to pack her things and immediately walk to his house. Nick was very happy to see her, and they immediately rushed to his room so Venus could help him with his math study in prep for their exam on Monday.

However, it had been proven that Venus and Nick weren't the best at studying together. With the door shut and textbooks long forgotten, Nick was sat on the floor leaning against his bed with Venus on his lap, lips moving quickly with her hands getting tangled in his hair. 

"I can't believe you still don't know the quadratic formula," she mumbled against his mouth, thinking about the argument that led to this predicament.

It wasn't Venus' fault that being smarter than people got her hot and bothered. Maybe that was why her and Shawn worked so well.

"We learnt it in the lessons that you were mad at me," Nick responded, fingers digging into her waist as he pulled her close, "I had bigger things on my mind."

"God you're stupid," Venus pulling away briefly so she could look down at him. Fuck, he was gorgeous. "It's so hot."

"I'm glad you think so," he smiled before beginning to place kisses down her jaw, just wanting to kiss every spot on her skin.

Venus let out a shaky breath at the feeling, letting her eyes shut for a moment and forgetting what they had been talking about. She let her head fill up with thoughts of Nick, her fingers running through his strawberry blonde locks, wanting nothing more than to feel this way forever. However, once she realised he was staying in one spot for a little too long, she was quick to pull away, not needing a hickey to add to her list of problems she was dealing with. She grabbed his chin as he smiled dopily at her.

"I will not let your stupidity distract me," she told him seriously before tilting his head upwards so he could look at her better, "But keep going."

She kissed him again, sliding her tongue into his already parted lips. Nick pulled the girl closer to him ― if that was even possible ― taking over the kiss as he took a hold of the back of her neck. He pulled away suddenly, eyes scanning her face.