My Boy Was a Montage . . .

Let's get one thing straight — Venus King is, like, always in a bad mood

Let's get one thing straight — Venus King is, like, always in a bad mood. She was known by everyone as a sour girl, often glaring at people and being too blunt about her feelings. A day doesn't go by where she doesn't wish for the earth to open up and just swallow her whole.

It was a dramatic contrast to her best friend, Charlie, who arguably had flowers growing between his ribs and loved with his whole heart. The two had been best friends since they were little and despite the different personalities, the two stayed close as anything. Venus has been with Charlie through everything and she truly lived and breathed to protect him from the ugly world that surrounded them.

Not many people understood their friendship. Venus was a bitter girl who often had rumours being spread about her while Charlie was a sweet boy who was pretty hard to not like. Venus rolled her skirt up for attention and was often sneaking around with older boys while Charlie stayed in the background, not wanting to be a bother. But it had always been like that. Venus and Charlie, Charlie and Venus.

To her, Charlie comes first every single time. She would always put him and his feelings before her own. He was half of her heart and she would do anything for him. Charlie has and always will be her best friend.

So, life becomes a little difficult for her when Nick Nelson sparks an interest in her. In the midst of her trying to give Charlie the inside scoop of his crush, Venus finds herself enjoying his company a little too much to be considered just friends.

So, yeah, she wants the world to open up and swallow her and her new nice feelings whole.

HE WAS SUNSHINE, I WAS MIDNIGHT RAIN
HE WANTED IT COMFORTABLE, I WANTED THAT PAIN

"Do I intimidate you, Nick Nelson?"

VENUS KING
. . . olivia rodrigo

DISCLAIMER.
obviously i do not own the heartstopper story or any of the actors!!! however, i do own venus and her plot so no stealing thank u!!!

TRIGGER WARNINGS.
This story contains content of bullying, underage drinking, swearing, neglect, love triangles, mentions of abandonment and mild violence. it will also include issues talked about in the novels (such as eating disorders, self harm and mental illness). if this bothers you or triggers anything please do not read!!! more may be added as the seasons continue!!!!

AUTHORS NOTE: i re watched heartstopper and i just love nick so much i needed a fic for it. i really like the ideas i have for this because it doesn't take away from his and charlie's experience and nick's self discovery but it also let's my bitter baby have a little love.

one thing i have changed in the story is that girls can transfer to truham during year 11 instead of year 12 so i can have venus and nick bonding during school rather than trying to fit it in outside of the school time. i'm australian so i don't really know how it all works but i'm just using the books to help kinda get an understanding. but basically instead of girls joining during year 12, they can join in year 11 which is what grade venus is in <3 hope that makes some sense if not just ignore it el oh el