The Eleventh Encounter

Kiiro: Look at this cute puppy

Kiiro: Isn't it just adorable?

I stared long and hard at my phone and the opened text message chat. After exchanging numbers, I hadn't expected her to start texting me almost daily.

And it was with random stuff too. Such as this dog photo that she had just sent me. I couldn't lie, it was quite adorable, but that wasn't the point.

I texted back a response, before putting my phone down so I could get back to studying. As soon as my phone was set onto my desk I felt it buzz and couldn't help but stare at in shock.

And immediate response?

I pulled the phone back up, seeing that she had indeed already responded to my previous text. It hadn't even been a whole minute!

I truly am no match for the gyarus...

After more texting and studying the night went and came, and once again it was back to the usual school schedule.

As I got ready for the first day of the week and opened the door, I was met with the unexpected surprise of Kiiro standing literally right there. Her hand was raised, almost as if she was in the middle of knocking.

"Ah..." She started, before suddenly grinning. "Hey there, Mr. President~!"

"Kiiro." I nodded as I pushed up my glasses. "Is there something you need?"

"Oh...um..." She fidgeted, a light blush overcoming her cheeks.

It's okay to take this as a sign, right? Right?

I felt myself sigh, but it wasn't exactly out of annoyance. If anything, it was more...relief? No, not quite. Happiness, I'd suppose.

"Would you like to walk to school together?" I asked.

"R-really?!" She gasped, a smile on her face.

Adorable. That puppy can hardly compete with this girl in front of me.

"Yes." I replied, stepping out of my apartment. I closed and locked the door behind me, before turning back to Kiiro. "But I do suggest we separate right before we arrive or else your friends will see. And we both know how they are."

They would absolutely tease the hell out of us, forever. I would have to listen to Atama's taunts of whatever she would possibly come up with.

"I, uh...I don't mind." Kiiro stated.

...huh?

Hold on.

Huh?

Rewind that.

Huh?

Not that.

"I, uh...I don't mind." Kiiro stated.

...

"Alright then." I nodded. "Let's go."

Why does my heart have to attack me like this? I feel as if I'm going to go onto life support from an overload of...cuteness? Confusion? Hopes and dreams that could easily be shattered?

We walked side by side, not exactly in any special way, but it was fun as we exchanged small talk. I can't help but find myself enjoying talking to her.

As much as I'd think that she was tricking me to play a prank on an overly strict classmate...that's what I would've used to think.

But not anymore.

Because looking back on our interactions so far, I may not be the best reader, but I do think she's a genuine and wonderful girl.

And I can't help but want to know more.

Damn it.

I like her.