The Ninth Encounter

The first day of our agreement has finally arrived. To say I was nervous would be exactly correct. Whether it was nervousness of failing, looking stupid, or something else, I'm not quite sure.

Either way, this is the first time I've felt worried to something I'm also looking forwards to, other than school tests.

I will never not be nervous when the results come, even if I have studied my butt off for it.

A knock on the door brought me out of my thoughts. I took a deep breath, walking to the door and opening it.

And there she stood. Kiiro herself, her hair once more tied into the ponytail. She was also wearing an apron, clearly having come prepared.

I am currently looking at the side of Kiiro that very few know of. Something about that is nice.

"Come on in." I stated, opening the door open for her.

"Thank you." She smiled. She was also holding some textbooks which she decided to place down onto my living room table.

After she taught me cooking, I would be helping her study. All alone in my apartment.

"Are you sure this is okay?" I asked as I closed and locked my front door. "To be alone in a man's house?"

"What, are you going to do something~?" Kiiro teasingly smiled.

"Of course not." I replied, pushing up my glasses as I walked to the kitchen to grab my own apron. "You should simply be careful. Not everyone is someone trustworthy."

"I got it, I'll be careful." Kiiro playfully rolled her eyes with a smile.

I grabbed my apron, putting it on. "You're surprisingly cooperative."

"Why wouldn't I be?" Kiiro asked, slightly titling her head in a cute and confused way.

"I thought people like me were the bane of the gyarus." I replied. "Always getting on your case and whatnot."

"I don't think so." Kiiro shrugged. "You're very nice and helpful."

"Thank you, Kiiro." I nodded. "And you are...quite fashionable."

"What was with the pause?" She deadpanned.

"Nothing." I replied, turning away.

"Nope, look at me!" She moved in front of my vision. "What is it? Tell me now. Chop chop."

I felt myself sigh. "I suggest losing the socks."

"Whaaaat?" She looked down at her large and saggy socks.

"Personally, I think they don't add anything to your cuteness." I replied. "I think you're cuter without them."

Instead of a teasing or mocking or surprised response as I expected, I got a strange silence as she turned around.

"I-Okay..." She muttered. "...Noted."

I can take this one of two ways. She's embarrassed because I called her cute and she likes me and doesn't want me to see the blush.

Or I can go the more realistic way in that she feels upset about my take. After all, I don't see a reason as to why she would like me.

I will, however, keep this in my mental databanks should the need to reference it arise in the future.

"Well..." She finally spoke, glancing at me. "...At least it's not that." She snickered.

She pointed at my apron. I looked down at the bright pink and blue apron with the depiction of a sparkly unicorn in a starry sky.

"It was the only one on sale." I sighed.

With those words Kiiro started to laugh. And I couldn't lie to myself. Seeing her bright and genuine laughter was cute.

Very cute.

I turned away as I felt my cheeks heat up. I do not need to be teased about this. "Let's just start."