The Seventh Encounter

How has it come to this?

Why am I currently sitting at a table in the apartment room of my classmate, with her mother sitting across from me?

And why is there now a young boy from somewhere around middle school now sitting next to Kiiro's mother? One who is currently giving me the stink eye?

Kiiro was currently in the nearby kitchen, making something with the ingredients I had delivered while glancing worriedly at us every once in a while.

Am I going to be eaten alive? Are they going to find my body in an alley tomorrow morning?

It sure feels like it with this little guy's glare. He looks different from Kiiro and her mother, mainly due to the black hair instead of blond, but there was an unmistakable familiarness in his face when compared to theirs.

"So...who is he?" The boy grumpily asked, crossing his arms.

"This is Konzatsu!" Kiiro's mother excitedly said. "He's Yuki's classmate!"

The boy continued to glare at me. "Is that so? What is he doing here?"

"He gave us some ingredients as thanks for before!" Kiiro's mother continued. "So I thought I should invite him to eat with us!"

"For before...?" He looked at his mother in confusion, before suddenly a realization struck him. I could practically see the lightbulb appearing over his head.

"He's the one who collapsed?!" He gasped. "Sister, you were alone with him?!"

"Shut up, Akio!" Yuki yelled back. "It's not that big of a deal!"

"What do you mean?! Of course it is!" Kiiro's younger brother responded.

"All right you two, calm down." Kiiro's mother dangerously smiled. "We have a guest."

"It's fine, Miss Kiiro." I pushed my glasses upwards. "Besides, I agree with him. While I do appreciate her help, I don't believe she should've been alone with me."

"There was nothing to worry about." Kiiro replied. "Even if you did try something, which you wouldn't, my family was right next door."

"And how do you know I wouldn't do something?" I asked. "You should be careful. There are dangerous men out there."

"Ugh, now you're sounding like Akio." Kiiro groaned. She stared at me, giving a deadpan expression. "You are literally the student council president."

"That's-" I attempted to speak, only for Kiiro to cut me off.

"You were elected by the students." Kiiro interjected. "You can't be a bad person and get the trust of everyone like that."

Actually, you can, but I do appreciate the optimism. I guess I can hold off at the moment. Besides, I'm in her apartment, there is no need to act like my student council president self at the moment.

It's not my place to be heckling her at this time.

"Dummy..." She muttered.

Huh? Did I hear that right?

"Do you're the student council president? Then I'll be coming for you." Kiiro's younger brother declared.

"What?" I questioned.

"He's going to be joining your school next year! You'll be a third year then, right?" Kiiro's mother asked.

"Yes, I will be." I replied, before turning back to the younger boy.

So he'll be joining our school next year? And wants to be president? High ambitions.

Honestly, I have to say...

He kind of reminds me of a younger version of myself.

"You'd make a good student council member." I nodded to myself.

"Exactly! Wait, what?" The boy looked at me in confusion.

"Strong sense of duty and compassion." I stated. "I could see you being a student council member. Or maybe public morals..."

"Oh...thanks..." Kiiro's younger brother awkwardly shuffled.

Oh, it looks like maybe he doesn't hate me as much as I thought he would? Anyways, he'll be an interesting prospect to look into next year if he's interested.

"All right, food's done!" Kiiro grinned, placing down the plates.

Honestly, it looked delicious. And after remembering last time I ate her food, I can't help but be excited to eat it again.

Everybody had sat down, Kiiro and I on one side and her other family members on the other. We got ready and finally I brought the food up to my mouth and took a bite. The flavor came rushing in all at once, easily being one of my better meals I've had in a while.

It's...very good.

"I'd love to eat this cooking every day." I mumbled, taking another bite.

"Eh?!" I suddenly heard Kiiro gasp.

I looked up at her, only to see that her cheeks were red. Her mother was grinning slyly while her brother had a deadpan expression.

Wait...

"I...I'm happy to hear you say that..." She spoke, turning away from me.

"Ah...you're welcome..." I replied, before going back to my food and eating once again.

What did I just say?

After we finished eating I excused myself, thanked them once more, and returned back to my own apartment.

I immediately walked over to my bed, took my glasses off, laid face down onto it, and then promptly screamed into my pillow for the next minute.

What is going on with me?