The Fourth Encounter

"What's wrong?" Kiiro looked at me, tilting her head in confusion.

"I apologize you had to see me like this." I replied. "And take care of me."

"It's not a problem." She smiled. "It was actually really easy since you were next-door."

"That's besides the point-" I continued, only to be hit with a racking cough which greatly irritated my throat.

Now I realize what's wrong with my voice. My throat is scratchy and my nose is congested. In simple terms, I feel horrible.

"Here." Kiiro suddenly was holding something in front of my face. "Open wide and push your tongue up. It's a thermometer."

"I have one of those?" I questioned.

"Yeah. Now say 'aaaah'." She spoke.

I sighed, opening my mouth and bringing my tongue up to its roof as she instructed. She held it there for a few seconds, before taking it out.

"Like I thought, you have a fever." She stated, suddenly pressing the back of her hand to my forehead. "Yeah, your forehead is hot."

"Great." I muttered.

"You need anything else?" She asked.

"No...I don't." I replied. "Thank you. You should go now, before your family is worried."

"They already know, so they're not worried." She shrugged.

Is her whole family gyarus, just casually letting her stay in a teenage boy's apartment room with him by herself?!

"Still, you should go." I replied.

"Alright then." She said, almost seemingly dejected. "I'm next door if you need anything else. Remember, it's 306!"

"Alright." I replied as she went to leave my apartment. As she placed her hand on the knob, I said two final words. "Thank you."

"No prob." I heard faintly, before the door closed behind her.

I am definitely never going to stop hearing about this from that trio once school resumes on Monday.

Joy.

But, I am genuinely thankful for her actions, whatever her reasoning may be. Even if she will tease me until the end of my highschool career.

Luckily I recovered in time to return back to school on Monday. But to my surprise, when inevitably encountering the trio, we passed by each other without a single word being spoken.

Had they spared me? Were they waiting for the right moment to strike?

I turned around in paranoia, only to see Kiiro turn her head back as well, giving me a short wink before continuing on forwards with her friends.

Maybe I misjudged gyarus.

Or should I say, a specific one.

"Yo dude, you alright?" I heard Itachi come up. "You're red. Got sick? Saw a hot babe?"

Itachi Chikai, a popular "ladykiller" kind of man. He was one of those handsome "manga male love interest" characters. For most at least.

When it came to Chimon and I, he had no problem being just as girl crazy as our fellow, monkey-like friend.

"I'm completely fine." I replied. "Are you sure you don't need your eyes checked?"

"Cold." Itachi laughed. "I'm telling you, you gotta lighten up. There's a reason people respect you, but don't like you."

"That doesn't matter." I sighed.

"Hey, you're looking better!" Chimon ran up to us two. "You totally missed out on seeing this hot babe with us though. She was in the supermarket, blond, ponytail, and apron! Like a young housewife!"

"Hallucinations again?" I questioned.

"What?! No?!" He exclaimed.

"I saw her too. Real beauty." Itachi nodded.

"You two need to calm down." I sighed. "Focus for the sports day on Wednesday."

Blond, ponytail, and apron? Like a young housewife, huh? In a way, I'm kind of glad they didn't recognize just who they saw.