The Fifth Encounter

Finally, sports day has arrived, and all of the hard work the student council had done was put to use. Sports day was a day full of outdoor competitions and activities where classes would compete against each other.

It was comprised of three days, each day being for a different year while the other years watched. Wednesday was for the second years.

I was a part of class 2-1, along with Chimon, Itachi, and the school-wide famous gyaru trio. An interesting class, to say the least.

I didn't participate much on sports day. I simply did the one event that was required for each student, instead of volunteering for multiple. I am not the athletic type; both Chimon and Itachi are much more so than I am.

As the events continued I couldn't help but my find my eyes wandering towards Kiiro. She had tied her short, usually down hair into a ponytail once again. Just as she had last weekend.

She was quite athletic. I wouldn't exactly say that was a surprise, but I'm more surprised at just how athletic she is. She's more athletic than both Chimon and Itachi, almost on par with the track club.

I have no idea what club she is in, if she even is in one, so maybe she is simply part of an athletic club. Once again, an unexpected observation on my part.

Then again, I have to wonder, why am I even noticing these things?

I shook the thoughts out of my mind as it became time for the relay race. This was the one event I had been placed in. Luckily enough I wasn't the anchor. I was the second to last. Our first runner was Itachi, the second was another classmate of ours, Kowina, and our anchor was Kiiro.

She really was participating in almost every event, wasn't she?

I stood in my position, next to three other people of the other second year classes that were placed as the third runner. I waited here as Itachi made his mad dash, placing us in second place.

Kowina ran towards me at a decent pace, and once he reached me, we were still in second place. And now I'm wondering why I am participating.

I ran as fast as I could towards Kiiro in the distance, cursing myself for allowing myself to appear in this event. I should've just chosen for myself instead of letting the cards fall.

How embarrassing. I'm falling behind. Now we're in third place. And now we're in fourth, last place, as I finally reach Kiiro and hand off the baton. As I passed it to her, I saw her smile sweetly at me.

How embarrassing. I really shouldn't have chosen this one.

Kiiro dashed forwards at incredible speed, catching up and making it to third in just a few seconds, before suddenly falling to the ground on her face.

I dashed forwards at a speed quicker than I expected, reaching her. "Are you alright?" I asked, holding my hand out.

She grabbed my hand, pulling herself up. She rested herself on my shoulder, wincing as she stepped on her right foot.

"Yeah. Just hurts a little." She laughed. "How embarrassing, right?"

"Not really." I replied, adjusting my glasses. "You can't walk that well. I'll take you to the nurse."

"Eep!" She let out a cute sound as I looped my arm under her knees and swept her up into a princess carry.

I started to carry her to the nurses office, practically melting as I watched everybody stare at me.

"That's the student council president for you, all right."

"I wish I could princess carry Kiiro like that, damn it!"

"How bold~!"

I know the sound of that third voice. I sighed as I stared at Atama, who was giving me a grin as she watched me.

Be more worried for your friend, you annoying social piece of work.

As if I summoned the devil with my words, Atama approached us. "Is she alright, mister prince?"

"Probably a sprained ankle." I replied. "And don't call me that."

"You're the one pulling the smooth moves in front of the whole school." Atama teased.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

"We both know I was simply helping my teammate." I stated. "But now that you are here, I request you take her there."

I handed off Kiiro to Atama, who held her friend in a princess carry in confusion. "You're giving her to me?!"

"You're her friend." I stated once again. "Take care of her."

"Have a little fun." Atama sighed. "All right, Kiiro, here we go!"

Atama started to run with Kiiro in her arms.

"Let go of me!" Kiiro yelled, embarrassed.

"How could I do something so cruel~?" Teased Atama.

I watched as Miyage ran after them, joining the other two to form the full trio. Those three are probably going to use this as an excuse to skip now.

I could tell them off, but she is genuinely injured, so I'll leave them alone.

Besides, I feel my pride was wounded. She wasn't heavy, but I was struggling too much to carry her. Luckily I don't believe anyone noticed that.

But I shouldn't have been struggling so much.

Wait, should I have done that at all?

Damn it. I'm going to get teased to hell for this.