The Eighth Encounter

"Hard at work as always!" Chimon leaned against my desk in our classroom as I attempted to work.

"I'm trying to, at least." I replied. "Do you know how difficult it is to work with you right there?"

"Oh? Am I so attractive that you can't keep your eyes off me?" Chimon dramatically posed. "I'm sorry, but I'm only into boobs!"

"You have serious mental issues." I sighed. "Do I need to hire a therapist for you? Never mind, a therapist couldn't even save you."

"Oh, so cold~." Chimon fake-shivered with a grin on his face.

"Also, you do realize that men have boobs as well, right?" I asked.

Chimon froze, before suddenly sinking to his knees. "No...I've been betrayed..."

"Just leave me alone. I have things to do and think about." I sighed.

"But it's literally lunch." Another person interjected, sitting onto my desk. "Didn't you hear the bell just ring?"

"Did it?" I asked, pushing my glasses up and checking the time. Oh, it has become the lunch period. Would you look at that.

I felt my eyes drift to Kiiro who, along with her two buddies, always ate within the classroom.

She was holding a bento which she then unwrapped and started to eat out of. Her friends joined her with her own meals.

I bet she made that herself. It probably would taste really good. Especially if she would hand it to me herself-

Stop that! I smacked myself with both hands, causing my two friends to flinch in surprise.

"Dude...you good?" Itachi wondered.

"I'm fine." I replied, readjusting my glasses.

What the hell was I thinking? I need to get these crappy delusions out of my mind. This has been happening much too often recently.

And I need to stop glancing at the gal trio. They're currently behaving...for the most part.

After another uneventful day of school and then student council work, I found myself standing in the supermarket as I held a book in my hands.

Why exactly was I here? Why was I holding a book? Well, after my collapsing incident I knew I couldn't afford to have that happen again.

I was lucky things turned out the way they did, but things aren't that convenient usually. I simply got lucky.

"To think they sold cook books here..." I muttered to myself. I flipped through the pages, looking at the different food and the ingredients and process to make them.

"This is...more complicated than I thought..." I frowned. "What does this even mean? Where did that ingredient come from?"

"Konzatsu?" I heard a familiar voice say from behind me.

Oh no...

"Kiiro." I greeted, turning around. "What a coincidence."

"Saying it like that makes it sound like it wasn't." She teased with a smile.

"I can assure you it was." I replied.

She had her hair tied back once again and she was wearing an apron. She really did look like a young housewife...

Stop that.

She was likely grabbing some more items to cook. I guess I hadn't provided all the ingredients needed within my gift. Well, I didn't know what to include anyways, so that isn't too surprising.

"What are you doing?" She asked, looking down at the cookbook in my hands.

"Oh, this?" I shrugged. "I happened to see it, so I was checking it out. I hadn't expected the contents to be so...difficult and complex."

"You find that difficult and complex?" She asked.

All though at first with no context one may think it was condescending, I could tell from her voice that she was genuinely curious.

"I mean, you're so good at school..." She continued. "...doing all those complex mathematical problems that are so difficult."

"You're having trouble?" I asked.

"I don't understand how you go up and answer those so quickly..." She admitted, rubbing her head. "It's kind of reassuring that you aren't as perfect as I thought you were."

"Not as perfect as you thought I was?" I questioned.

"A-Ah!" She exclaimed, her face going red. "J-just forget about that!"

Does she mean perfectly smart, or something else...? She could mean it in that kind of way...

Like, he's such a perfect being because I love him so much. Hah, what delusions am I having now?

Don't get ahead of yourself. Just take the compliment, and proceed to never forget about it.

"Anyways, yes, this does seem quite difficult." I stated. "I'm impressed you don't find it so."

"W-well, it's not that impressive." She smiled nervously. We sat there in silence for a moment before she seemingly thought up of an idea and spoke once more.

"Would you like me to teach you?" She asked. "On how to cook? For free, of course! I'm not asking for you to hire me!"

"I couldn't possibly take up your time so selfishly." I shook my head. "Especially with no return for you."

"But I'm a little worried..." She admitted. "You didn't eat at all during lunch."

She noticed?

"Well..." I sighed, before an idea struck me. "How about this? You teach me cooking, and in exchange, I tutor you. Would you be alright with that?"

"Does that work for you?" She asked. "You seem awfully busy. I don't want you to overwork yourself."

"It won't be a problem." I replied. "Besides, it's the president's duty to make sure their fellow students are doing alright."

"Okay then..." She smiled shyly. "...does this Saturday at 1 work?"

"Ah, of course." I nodded.

And now, sitting in my room, I am staring at the ceiling with the knowledge of the agreement Kiiro and I had come to.

...how did things even come to this?

Once again, I proceeded to scream into the pillow while full of confusion and slight happiness.