𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 15 - Messing with A Thug's Queen

| Aaryan's POV

“I warned her. I warned her countless times to stay away from you. Now look what happened! My only living grandchild is in the hospital with a gunshot wound and this is all your fault. When she gets out I don't want to see you anywhere near her ever again! Do you hear me Young G?” Mamma D scolds me with tears in her eyes and a look that says she'd kill me if she could.

I don't blame her, but then again, this ain't the time to raise her voice at me. When I'm pissed off I don't think straight.

“You're no good! Just one of the useless hood dudes with no future. Why won't you leave my granddaughter alone so she may marry a decent man?” she yells, pointing her walking stick at me.

My eyes shut and I clench my jaws, fists balling in the pockets of my hoodie. I swear to God if she doesn't stop I'm gonna–

“Stay away from my granddaughter! She can do so much better than a hoodlum from Blood City–” I felt her poke me with her stick and finally snap.

I grabbed the stick and pulled it towards me. I break it in two as I closed the distance between us, grab her by her wrinkly neck, and slam her old ass into the wall. I don't give two fucks about the shit people say about me, but touching me is an entirely different story.

“I won't ever leave her alone, because I love her, and she loves me just as much. Get that into your head before I have to carve it into your skull.” I bit out, nostrils flaring and eyes narrowing down at her terrified face. “It's six in the morning, don't force me to kill you, Grandmother-In-Law.”

I push her to the ground and walk into Jayla's hospital room where she's sleeping in her bed. I drag a chair along and place it next to the bed so I can be near my future wife. The blue floral curtains at the windows are slightly open letting the early morning sunlight illuminate the room. Her sun-kissed skin radiates under the yellow rays and the blue magic in her copper-colored hair shimmers. She's so beautiful, it breaks my heart knowing that I can't do anything to ease her pain.

However, I can find the motherfuckers who woke up tired of breathing and give them a one-way ticket to the afterlife. It's time for the neighborhood to know the King has found his Queen. This is my community, and I have to remove those who think they're above me.

“Don't worry, Jayla, you'll be okay,” I whisper, fighting back my tears. “Mamma D will take care of you, I'll be back in the evening. I... I love you.”

I lean over and kiss her on the forehead, she didn't react but I hope she heard me. After that, I stayed for a couple of minutes longer then left for the basketball court. I was about to get into my car when I feel a deep sense of dread and the hairs rising on the back of my neck. I look behind me only to find Savage leaning against the car he most likely broke into with his eyes boring holes through me.

This son of a bitch.

“Man, what the fuck are you doing here? I ain't in the mood for this shit.”

“I followed you here. I like stalking you. You're an interesting person.” I'm pretty sure he grinned behind that mask like a psycho. “Sorry about your girl, homie. I'm willing to help you hunt down the fuckers if you'll let me.” He raises one hand and spins a knife coated in fresh blood on it. A chill went down my spine. I instantly look through the window of the car behind him. I see a woman with her throat slit open and a headless body beside it.

For a split moment, I was surprised, then I remembered this was TK Savage. “You got a ride?”

“Yeah, yours.” He pushes off and walks to me.

“Didn't you just get out of prison? What is that?” I glanced behind him at the car and meet a third dead body in the backseat, it was a white male and he had a machete pushed through his throat.