𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 10 - Heartbreaking Misunderstanding

| Jayla's POV

‘I will give you the world baby girl,
You just gotta be worth it
You don't gotta be perfect,
You just gotta be worth it...’

“Aaryan,” I interrupt the music by calling his name as I play with his hair.

“Hmm?” he tilts his head back on my tummy and looks up at me. I blush shyly and avert my gaze to the family photo on the wall way across the room.

“What's your favorite color?” I slide my hands down to his face and play with the soft skin of his cheeks.

He was silent for a while as he pondered, searching my eyes deeply for what I don't know.

“Your eyes,” his lips curl into a wolfish grin and I pinch him.

“Okay. Let's try this again. What's your favorite food? Something you can eat and taste,” I roll my eyes.

“Your lips,” he winked seductively but I see mischief swimming in those vivid eyes.

I bite my lips to stop a smile from forming. “Okay, what's your favorite sightseeing place? Maybe like a mountain where the view is breathtaking–”

“Your body.”

I blinked in stunned silence.

“Boy.”

“What?”

“Cut the bullshit and stop playing with me.”

“I'm tryna be romantic here bae,” he chuckles.

“I hope you find it romantic when I smack you in the head,” the sheer enthusiasm in his eyes and that smile brighter than a thousand suns prompts me to grin. I've never seen Aaryan this happy before, whenever he looks at me it's as if flames dance in his eyes. His face lights up like fireworks and there's a permanent smile on his lips.

My heart feels warm and happy. I love this feeling – something only he makes me feel.

Aaryan sits up straight and turns on his stomach, he crawls forward and sets one hand next to me while the other finds itself on my waist. I instinctively hold onto his shoulders, blushing under his affectionate gaze and playful smile. I adore this side of him. I guess Aaryan and Young G are two completely different people in the same body.

“You're adorable,” he says suddenly and pecks my cheek. “And you're mine.”

“You're...” I look away, biting my bottom lip.

“You're mine, too, right?” I cringed so hard I could practically die from it, but I don't care.

He leans in and goes to my ear, hot breath fanning it while he took the top between his teeth. I shivered at his intimate movements.

“Ain't gotta ask that, bae. I'm all yours,” after saying that he grabs my throat and squeezes it lightly. I hold onto his wrist and roll my eyes.

“You like grabbing throats a lot.”

“Nah, yours is just the perfect size for grabbing and choking.”

I ignored his words, not having a comeback for that.

“Aaryan, can you take me to my street? I at least wanna see what's going on,” I ask with a pleading undertone. “Please take me there. Please.”

“Tired of me already?” he raised a brow.

“No, but Ma must be worried sick. I'm pretty damn sure you didn't tell her that you brought me here. I need to try my luck. It's getting pretty late too,” I drop my gaze and hands, eyes traveling around the room subconsciously.