𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 3 - He's Bad News!

💜✨♕︎ 𝐉𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐚 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐬𝐨𝐧 ♕︎✨💜

The man returns with a chilled bottle of water, Aaryan takes it and hands it to me. It took a while before I reached for it. I tried pulling it out of his hand but he held onto it. Annoyed, I looked into his eyes - he was staring at me with something I couldn't exactly pinpoint.

Once more I attempted to take the plastic bottle from him but his grip tightened on it. His lips curled into a panty-dropping smile and I gave up on the stupid bottle - that bottle did not deserve my insult. It's a victim, and if I don't stop my nonsense, I'll join it. Thugs are unpredictable beyond measure and I ain't willing to prove myself right.

"If you don't want to give me the water take it and-" I stop myself just as I was about to say something rude, remembering he's armed.

"And what?" he lifted the end of his hoodie and removed the gun. My stomach churned unsettlingly. He placed it on his left thigh and licked his lips, a brow arching at me. "Finish the sentence."

"Y-you said you wouldn't hurt me." I leaned toward the window. If anything, I'll unbuckle the seatbelt and jump out. "Th-the gun."

"Finish. The. Sentence." He cocked his head to the side and covered the lower half of his face with his hand, fingers stretching across his cheek. His eyes were dark with amusement. This fucker genuinely wanted me to finish talking, but I'd be damned if I did.

I sighed and said the first thing that came to my mind. "Drink it. Take it and drink it. Th-that's what I was gonna say."

His eyes squinted, and my heart was beating so fast I swear it almost jumped through my chest and bolted down the street. He trailed his eyes down my body and stopped at my thick thighs. I swallowed any other comment I had in-store. His eyes moved back to mine in a blink, and he looked away with a chuckle. The corner of his lips curled into a devilish smirk.

Butterflies gathered in my stomach, fluttering as if they weren't sitting inches away from a man who just admitted to being a thug. Aaryan screwed the cork off the bottle with one hand. I thought he'd drink it but he handed it to me instead. I timidly held it and then withdrew it from his hand, it easily slipped from his grasp, which I was thankful for. He started driving again without moving the gun.

After about ten minutes of passing shabby buildings, rusty fences, dried-up lawns, and walls decorated with graffiti, I spot my house in the distance and point at it. "You can stop here, that's where my house is. Right down there!"

Aaryan tapped his fingers on his thigh. "I didn't know Mamma D had a granddaughter. The fuck?"

"You know my Grandma?" I was surprised to hear that he knew her. Dorothy Winston, my grandma, is a quiet old lady who hardly leaves her house.

"Everybody knows Mamma D. She's who I usually buy white snow and weed from to sell at the parties I orchestrate. Ever since she stopped selling a month ago I and the fellas around town that bought from her exclusively had to find other sources. But ain't nobody got better stuff than her," he clicked his tongue. "I've been wondering why she stopped so suddenly, now I know. And unfortunately, I fucked her granddaughter."

"Wait a minute." I turned to face him. "You mean the bags of flour I saw in the freezer in her basement are drugs? And the dried plants in the brown paper bags are marijuana?"

"Yup."

I almost fainted. "I know you're fucking lying."

"Do me a favor, try to convince her to start selling again. Haven't made a decent profit since she stopped." He picked up his phone from the space between the seats and checked the time.