Chapter 10 - Confrontation at the Fountains

The moon hung low in the night sky, casting a silvery glow over the mountains as Jungkook, consumed by a whirlwind of emotions, made his way to the tranquil fountains hidden amidst the peaks. He needed solace, a place to hide from the humiliation that weighed heavily on his heart. Yoongi and Namjoon had offered to accompany him, but he declined, wanting to be alone with his thoughts.

As he reached the fountains, the sound of cascading water brought a slight sense of calm to his agitated mind. The rhythmic flow reminded him of the passage of time and the ever-changing nature of life.

"I did it for my pack," Jungkook mumbled to himself, trying to reassure his bruised ego. "I had to ask for help, and Taehyung had every right to be angry. But mocking me like that… it was unnecessary. It hurts."

He sat down by the water's edge, letting his fingers trail in the cool stream. The gentle touch of the water against his skin offered a temporary distraction from the weight of his responsibilities and emotions. Yet, the pain of his encounter with Taehyung gnawed at him.

"Why does he hate me so much?" Jungkook pondered. "Yes, I rejected him back then, and I was wrong to do so. But it was a long time ago, and I've grown since then. Can't he see that?"

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard the sound of footsteps approaching. Instinctively, Jungkook tensed up, not expecting anyone else to be at the fountains at this hour. To his surprise and dismay, the figure that emerged from the shadows was none other than Taehyung himself.

Taehyung's presence seemed to fill the air with tension, and Jungkook could feel his heart rate quicken. He quickly wiped away any signs of vulnerability from his face, hoping to appear strong in front of the Luna.

"What are you doing here?" Taehyung asked, his voice as cold as ice.

"I could ask you the same," Jungkook replied, trying to sound nonchalant.

Taehyung took a seat on the opposite side of the fountain, keeping a safe distance between them. "I come here to think and find peace. This place has always been special to me."

Jungkook felt a pang of guilt, realizing he had intruded on Taehyung's sanctuary. "I didn't know. I just needed some time alone after everything that happened today."

Taehyung's eyes softened slightly, but his guard remained up. "You seemed quite composed earlier when you came begging for help."

"I had to be," Jungkook admitted. "I couldn't show weakness in front of my pack or yours. They needed to see that I was willing to do whatever it takes to protect them."

"And at what cost?" Taehyung retorted. "Your pride? Your dignity? Is it worth sacrificing those for the sake of your pack?"

Jungkook sighed, the weight of his decisions pressing down on him once more. "I don't know, Taehyung. I only know that my pack comes first, no matter the cost to myself."

Taehyung studied him intently, and for a moment, Jungkook saw something flicker in his eyes—a mix of anger, hurt, and perhaps something else that he couldn't quite decipher.

"You've changed, Jungkook," Taehyung said softly. "But that doesn't erase the past."

"I know," Jungkook replied, feeling a mixture of regret and frustration. "I can't change what happened, but I can learn from it and be a better leader."

Taehyung nodded, seemingly lost in his own thoughts. "I used to hate you so much for rejecting me. I wanted to hurt you the way you hurt me. But seeing you like this... It's not what I expected."

Jungkook felt a surge of curiosity. "What did you expect?"

"I don't know," Taehyung admitted, looking away. "Maybe I thought you'd be arrogant and dismissive, even in this situation. But you're not. And that confuses me."

They fell into a contemplative silence, the sound of the fountains providing a gentle backdrop to their thoughts. Jungkook couldn't deny the complexity of his feelings towards Taehyung. He was grateful for the help he offered to his pack, but at the same time, he resented the way Taehyung had treated him.

As they sat there, side by side, Jungkook couldn't help but wonder if there was a chance for forgiveness and understanding between them. He knew that healing old wounds would take time, but perhaps this unexpected encounter at the fountains was the first step towards something more significant—a chance to bridge the divide between their packs and, maybe, even their hearts.

(A/N) : so here is the update finally for this week. I just had to do it. Since I saw so many comments about the update. No I got no problems with those comments. I am totally chill on that part.

Also, requesting you guys to share some of your ideas and theories as to what happened between them.
I might as well include in the arc. Since the story just started I can do some alteration accordingly.