PROLOGUE

𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚 :
PEPPERONI BANDIT

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     "IF YOU DON'T stop taking my pepperonis I'm going to kill you," Mark said, resting his elbow on the table as he glared at the girl next to him

"Well, maybe you shouldn't have taken all the slices with pepperonis if you weren't going to eat them." Joanne raised her hands innocently, leaning back to her side of the table. Then, she slipped the pepperoni she had just taken into her mouth.

"Still," Mark deadpanned at her, swatting at her hand as she tried to swiftly grab another, "Dude!" She reluctantly retracted her hand and settled into her seat with a playful frown.

"Oh, cry me a river." Joanne rolled her eyes at him.

"Hey, be nice," Christian, the friend that had been the one to invite everyone out tonight, warned playfully from her right.

"Why would I be nice to him?" Joanne said. Mark gaped at her for only a second, leaning back into the cushion to relax. Joanne looked over at the back of the seat where Mark's arm was lying. It almost reached her shoulder. She frowned at it before looking away.

Mark had tried to get with her as soon as they met, that was until he found out that she was friends with Christian and Dani, Christian's girlfriend and Joanne's best friend. Then, he stopped his advances slightly, even though a few comments still slipped through sometimes. Despite this, they had grown some kind of a friendship that the man often relied upon. And even though Mark wasn't her best friend, he was pretty damn close.

     Joanne sunk into her seat, her gaze moving to the boy in front of her, a Swedish student who transferred, Pelle. Sitting beside him was Josh, the most academically focused person that Joanne had ever met in her entire life. Even after barely finishing food the man cleaned his hands and was reading a book.

     Christian's phone rang on the table so he looked down. He picked up his phone and noted blankly, "It's Dani." But he didn't accept the call, instead, he just stared at it like his girlfriend would jump from the phone and strangle him.

"Then answer it," Joanne said, giving him a questioning look. He sighed before he picked the phone up, staying at the table to talk.

"Hey..." Christian said, "Um, just smoked some resin with Mark and now we're getting pizza...Hi, Mark...Oh. Did we talk about doing something tonight.? Um, well, okay. Yeah, I should be able to swing by...Yeah, okay. How's the sister situation?"