THREE ︎

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 :
TICK EPIDEMIC

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     "HOW LONG WAS I asleep?" We're the first words out of Dani's mouth once she awoke

     "HOW LONG WAS I asleep?" We're the first words out of Dani's mouth once she awoke. Christian retracted his hand from its motion of shaking her shoulder, instead settling on kneeling beside her.

"I mean, we found you here, like, six hours ago," Christian explained, looking towards Joanne for confirmation who nodded slowly, still regaining the full abilities from the mushroom trip.

Dani sat up, glancing at the sky in bewilderment, "Did it get dark at all?"

"For a couple of hours, not completely," Christian answered as Joanne dropped her head to stare at the bright sky. It had been extremely strange seeing the light sky at such a late hour.

"Is it tomorrow?"

"I mean," Christian laughed, "from yesterday's perspective."

Chrisitan stood up, reaching a hand down to help Dani stand, "Come on."

"Where are we going?" Dani inquired as she took her boyfriend's hand, standing up and observing her friends who were carrying all of their belongings.

Pelle looked excited, "What we came for."

They had started on a paved road that led them deep into the forest. It seemed like forever passed as they mindlessly trailed along the trees. The village must have been secluded from the cities, as it was miles and miles away from any buildings.

Eventually, they turned and left the paved road, ending up on a grass trail that led them directly into the forest, any modern technology leaving them. The shrubbery was closer, as the trail was more cramped and secluded.

"Jesus, Pelle, where are you taking us?" Mark voiced as they all moved around the leaning skinny branches of the looming trees.

"Yeah, this is way the hell out there." Another agreed.

A few seconds passed before Mark's worried question, "Do they have ticks in Sweden?"

Christian jumped at the opportunity to answer before Pelle, "Sweden has a tick problem." Joanne glanced at Pelle to confirm but once they made eye contact, he subtly mouthed 'no.' Joanne grinned now knowing that they were messing with Mark.