FIVE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚 :
THE TWO P'S

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     "JOANNE! JOANNE, WAKE up, please," The familiar voice pleaded

     "JOANNE! JOANNE, WAKE up, please," The familiar voice pleaded. Joanne felt herself snap out of her dream, her hazy mind scanning her surroundings even though it was still blurry. But then it landed on a figure that was kneeling beside her bed.

"Dani?" She croaked, blinking her eyes furiously as though it would quicken the pace that her vision cleared, and she was able to focus. In a way, it worked.

She found the blonde by her side, kneeling on the ground beside her bed. With a better look, it was clear she was crying (it was one of the few hours of the night that it got dark-ish, but it was still light enough to shine through the windows as a pale blue).

     "Are you okay?" Joanne asked, looking around to see if she would find anything that would have caused the girl to cry, but no one else was awake and not a thing was out of place.

     Dani kept quiet, reaching forward and grasping Joanne's hand. "I had a nightmare..."

     Joanne sat up in her bed, rubbing Dani's hand with the back of her thumb. Immediately she understood what it was most likely about, but still asked, "What was it?'

"You..." Dani cleared her throat lightly, "You all left me here."

"Oh, Dani." Joanne reached forward and pulled the girl in for an awkward hug since they were on different levels, "I will never leave you."

     "I know." Dani sniffled. She had only been told this a hundred times from the hours she spent crying in Joanne's arms. But even then, she found herself doubting the girl's words.

     "Come on, lay down." Joanne stood up from her bed and led Dani to her own. "Try to get some sleep," Joanne ordered as she sat on the hardwood floor beside Dani's bed, resting her head on the edge of the blanket once Dani was settled in.

     "You'll stay?" Dani asked, looking at the girl with tired, droopy eyes.

     Joanne smiled and nodded, putting her hand in the girl's, "I'll stay."

     And she did. Dani fell asleep quickly now that she was reaffirmed. Joanne held her hand even as she fell asleep on the cold, hard floor.

     She slept until she felt a hand shaking her awake. Joanne looked up, grouchy from getting awoken for the second time, and looked at the owner of the hand, finding Pelle standing over her. The slight scare she got shook her awake. She blinked up at him in bewilderment, and he reached his hand down.