FOUR

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧 :
I CAN'T LET YOU LEAVE

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     IF JOANNE WAS expecting anything from this trip, it certainly wasn't to be giggling alongside Dani while they reverted to their middle school age

     "I think he likes you!" Dani's voice was quiet, almost whispering into Joanne's ear as they both watched the man from afar.

     Joanne looked at her friend adoringly despite her opinion, "He does not, Dani!"

     "Joanne." Dani stopped her friend, grabbing her biceps and giving her a small shake, "He absolutely does."

     "Pelle doesn't like me like that, Dani." The man in question was helping set up the large table that the entirety of the Hårga ate at during meals.

     Dani groaned at her friend's reluctance to accept what was so blatantly obvious to her, "He does too!"

     Joanne raised an eyebrow, "Oh yeah?"

     "Yeah!" Joanne stopped, placing hands on her hip as if to challenge her. Dani accepted, raising a finger, "For one, he's attached to your hip. Follows you around like a puppy trying to show his owner a toy he found. Secondly, he's always looking at you."

     "Can you blame him?" Joanne winked at her friend, making Dani laugh but quickly regain her composure.

     Dani continued listing, "He gave you the bed right next to his out of everyone."

     "There's only five of us Dani, one of us had to be next to him." Joanne reasoned.

     "But he specifically told you to take it!"

     Joanne looked away from the man that they had been watching, finding her cheeks flushing from the possibility, "I guess."

She instead focused on the other civilians who were living their days, twirling with clothes, folding them neatly. Women were singing while children were running and laughing. It was so peaceful here, no matter how long they stayed it always amazed Joanne.

     There was even a... yoga class? Some type of dance? Whatever the girl was singing, a somber song, made them all appear to be sharing the emotion as they moved in unison. It was impressive.

     Dani suddenly nudged her to catch her attention, "Hey, they're going to the table."

     "Right, let's go." Joanne nudged her back, making the two start a small competition to see who the last one to nudge the other would be (spoiler: it was Dani). They made their way to the table where everyone was gathering.