SIX

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙭 :
DELIRIOUS DELUSIONS

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     THE WOMEN IN the kitchen had been extremely kind as they showed the two newbies into how the operation worked

     THE WOMEN IN the kitchen had been extremely kind as they showed the two newbies into how the operation worked. Each girl held an important part, whether it be simple or large. They would even rotate sometimes, so it never got old or repetitive.

They had made the food that was to be served at dinner, so it was exciting when the time to sit for the meal came around. It was the first time Joanne had sat next to Dani during a meal, even if Pelle did sit on the other side. He was being very clingy. Not that she didn't enjoy having someone want to always hang out with her, it was just that she noticed that it was always him.

     They were given the meat pies they made earlier. Joanne gave the girl who handed her the pie a thanks before the group went into conversation. "Has anyone seen Connie?" Dani asked, looking at her friends.

     Christian was first to answer, "I think Mark saw her earlier."

     Mark scrunched his face up, beginning to pick at the pie in front of him, "I'm sure I saw her trying out for the sprinting Olympics earlier."

     "What?" Joanne asked.

"Where?" Dani added.

     "Sorry," A man that none knew (besides Pelle of course) leaned forward, at the end of the group intervened. "But I can say what happened. Her boyfriend called the landline from the train station and calmed Connie down. Then she begged our pardon and I drove her to meet him."

     A beat passed before Christian acknowledged the man's words, "Okay, well, that's a relief."

     "Why would Simon leave without her?" Dani furrowed her eyebrows.

     "I'm sure it was just a miscommunication." Christian brushed off her worries.

     Dani stared at her boyfriend for a moment before turning away, nibbling on a bit of her pie while she admitted, "I could see you possibly doing that."

     Joanne's mouth dropped at the blunt claim. It wasn't out of nowhere, the entire trip the couple's relationship had been deteriorating, but Dani had never spoken up about his obvious neglect for her to his face. She almost couldn't believe what she had heard and turned to Pelle who also had his eyebrows raised in shock. Both of them shared a look that read, 'Did you hear that too?'

     Christian turned to his girlfriend slowly, "What the hell does that mean?"

     Dani didn't react for a moment, simply continuing to eat her pie until she shook her head lightly, "Never mind."