ONE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙣𝙚 :
FROM ONE SET OF WHEELS TO ANOTHER

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     JOANNE HAD SPENT one too many sleepless nights holding Dani as she cried

     JOANNE HAD SPENT one too many sleepless nights holding Dani as she cried. Not that she didn't want to be there for her friend, but Joanne had barely made it through finals with how much sleep she had missed.

Being sleep-deprived wasn't fun and it made it difficult to focus on academics, but it made it even more difficult to be able to party. Something Mark dragged her too many times despite the bags under her eyes. Although this time it seemed especially boring even though it was the first that Dani had come to since her parents passed away.

"I feel like I'm gonna pass out from exhaustion," Joanne said, looking down at the drink in her hand. She hadn't drunk any of it yet, simply because she was already struggling with staying on her feet and didn't want to make herself feel worse by getting drunk.

"Well, you shouldn't have bothered with Dani," Mark spoke quietly from Joanne's left; his arms crossed as his thick eyebrows were furrowed at the blonde girl across the group from them. "If I were you, I would have given up after the first day." Joanne glared at him, one, for being a dick, and two, for being a dick so loudly when the girl was standing right in front of him.

"You can lean on me if you need," Pelle said, gently nudging Joanne's arm as he warmly smiled down at the girl. He had placed himself at her right side when she and Mark arrived and stayed there since.

     He was often by her side, and once she thought about it, Joanne couldn't think of a time they hung out that he wasn't. But she didn't mind, the man was comforting in a way she couldn't describe.

"I should be fine but thank you." Joanne gave the kind man a grin, one he returned before turning back to the group. Her eyes lingered on his longer brown hair before she turned back to the group with the addition of a new person who was speaking to Mark.

     "Yeah, I'm fucking dreading the summer." Mark complained, taking a sip from his beer, "Stuck in a shit-ass hole listening to my stepmom fuck my dad all day."

     "I'll listen to your stepmom fuck your dad." Joanne rolled her eyes at the male's conversation, instead focusing back on the drink in her hand while still listening. "Hey, Josh, you, uh, going to Europe?"

     Joanne looked at her best friend just in time to see Dani's head snap into reality. It was no secret that the girl had been in her mind more than usual since her family's passing. But she looked confused by the news which confused Joanne, didn't Dani know of their plans?