56. Expecting

States

"What did you say? Is it really true?"

"Confirmed! There are pictures all over the internet."

The employees in Yushkova Tradings Inc. were discussing the hottest topic in upper society. A royal was dead because of a car accident. The man had just come back from exile and yet a misfortune happened.

The matriarch of the current Yushkova clan, Victoria, who is Neero's biological mother, had a bright smile on her caked up face.

"Madam, good morning."

"Great morning, too!"

"You seemed in high spirits. Do you have a new collection of bags?" The assistant greeted the mother of her boss.

"You can say that. Where's my son?" Victoria beamed.

How can she not be happy? A big thorn from her past had been dealt with. Her reputation will be stable and people won't know about the so-called scandal that she was involved with.

"At the conference room. Mr. Yushkova just ended the meeting."

The old lady walked inside the room with her chin up.

"Devon."

"Mom."

"How's the meeting? Did the management committee approve the proposal?"

"Yes. We only need to refine our terms and contact the agent of the mysterious woman. Thankfully, she has a non-exclusive contract with her original agent. " Devon was kind of excited about the collaboration. The woman, who is currently one of the most sought-after models, responded to their formal invitation. This week, their marketing team will welcome the mysterious personality.

Everyone is excited as the rumor says that the woman is very evasive to activities and public appearances. This is one of those few times that she'll appear for a non-affiliated company. Their president Devon is truly a capable man and they cannot wait.

MEANWHILE in a Middle-East country...

Duchess Dinah couldn't help but tremble. She didn't know how she came back to her seat as the whole crowd was suddenly discussing the sudden death of a royalty.

Not far from her, someone whispered to the Chief and his eyes subtly quivered. For a moment, he didn't know how to proceed looking at the people in front of him. But before he could utter a word...

"Your honor, we would like to request a period of repose for the sudden news." King Reuben suggested looking dejected.

The Chief of the Tribunal stared at the king and nodded his head with resolution. Even though he wanted to grant the appeal of Duchess Dinah, he still adjourned the cross-examination for that day in respect for his old friend in the person of Augustine Akilah.

He sighed, reminiscing about the past. He and the former Prince fell out even before the accident of the Salem family occurred almost two decades ago. He's one of the people who wanted to investigate thoroughly about the incident but the previous monarch abruptly decided that Augustine must be exiled without due process.

It was chaotic that time but the inner palace needs to be discreet about it. So, the higher ups had made a decision to sacrifice Augustine. This is so, so no more rumors would spread about the accident. Even the media didn't know the inner battles that have happened in the Palace. No special scoop or whatsoever. This is something that nobody will testify to in the current day. The officials at that time were very silent about it.

The audience was cut into two factions. The ones that were saddened and the others that were relieved at the outcome. Well, either about the First Prince origin or the news about Augustine.