5. Wishes

Mudhish Palace

"Sir, what would be the next step?" Aaron inquired as soon as Neero was done reading the information.

"Nothing. I won't be doing anything for now. There are more important matters at hand." Neero responded as he put the laptop over the bed while holding his phone at the other hand.

"How's the pre-operating phase of The Belle Shop?"

"Everything is in place and on track, your highness. The business opening will continue as scheduled. Ms. Trish Vene, the CEO, and I will fly there two weeks from now." The assistant reported.

Neero is one of the big investors of the famous jewelry shop, which was founded by Natalia Gates. The Middle-east branch is set to commence at the continent several days from today.

"Did you coordinate with the Mudhish Grand Hotel for their accommodation?"

"It's done, Sir." Aaron simply uttered.

"Thank you. That would be all." Neero ended the call.

Right then, a knock can be heard at the door.

"Your highness, the King asks for your presence at the inner court." An attendant informed him.

"I'll be there." The prince uttered and went straight to the hall where the King is situated.

"The First prince has arrived." The spokesman announced.

"Your Majesty." Neero bowed his head in courtesy.

The King waved his hand as a sign of relieve. The prince then approached the big round table where the King and some of the officials were sitting and scanning several stack of papers.

"Son, as you are aware by now. There are various marriage proposals issued by the cabinet." The Ruler started as he glance at the prince who just stood and listened to him. "What do you think?"

Neero sighed. He knows he cannot elude the propositions anymore. In the past years, he requested for the opportunity to find and to learn more about life.

The King had already granted his request to do whatever he wants as long as it won't jeopardize the kingdom. Up until now, the understanding of his adoptive father exceeded his expectation as the former didn't force him to let go of his business aspirations and was very supportive of it.

This kind of situation got Neero thinking on the spot. As one of the heirs and as part of the Kingdom, he has to be responsible and return the goodness of the King. The marriage affairs are expected but Neero just didn't forsee that it would be this sooner.

The First prince sat down and talked with his father and officials.

Unknown to them, a little servant was listening from a hidden passage inside the hall.

*****

"M, where are your parents?" Donna inquired whispering. For a year, she's been meaning to ask about them but Mia is a very private person. She only mentioned and talked about Thomas. No one else. Not even her personal struggles.

"They're dead." The dark auburn-haired woman replied as she secretly balled her fists over her lap.

"Our biological parents were both dead. I only have a vague memory of them. Thomas and I grew up in a foster care afterwards. At the age of eighteen, I started to be a working student. And by the time I've graduated, I asked permission to bring my brother out of the foster home and start living with me." Mia told absent-mindedly as she brushes the hair of Thomas with her hand.

Donna sighed and felt sorry when she heard the story.

"How about you? How's your family?" Mia inquired and looked at Donna.

"Well, we are good. Jack and Paul are very much alike. Sometimes I feel left out. Even though we only got Paul out of the orphanage earlier this month, he is adjusting very well. And Jack is a sweet dad to him." Donna opened up and smiled at the thought of her little family.

The couple were considered to be infertile. After five years of not being able to conceive, they have decided to adopt a child and went to the Antioch Orphanage.

They saw a five-year-old boy who attracted their attention. Paul is a neat and mature child. He considered himself like a prince, as what the child is aspiring to be. The couple didn't know where the idea came from but Paul looks adorable everytime he tried to be a grown up man.

Mia smiled as Donna tells the story. How she wished that Thomas and her would experience the kind of family that the Lopez's has.

After sometime, Donna bid her goodbye and went to work. As Mia looked at the disappering back of her friend, her phone suddenly rang.

[[Juliette: Amelia...

Mia: Mom?

Juliette: How's Tom?

Mia: He's doing fine. He's sleeping right now.

Juliette: Fred and I will visit there. You have a work, right?

Mia: I'm not working on weekends anymore.

Juliette: That's good to know. I'll see you later.

Mia: Thanks. See you.]]

The call ended.

Juliette and Fred Pieta were the foster parents who took them in. The loving couple has been great towards them even up to now. Whenever they have a chance, Fred and Juliette visit the siblings few times a month.

Mia is grateful for them. The couple keeps on offering financial support but she turned them down because their biological children are still going to school. They, too, needed the money.

When the sun sets, the Pieta couple arrived at the hospital room of Thomas.

"Fred, Juliette. I'm glad you're here." The young man greeted the husband and wife. He's been awake for an hour before they arrived. Mia also welcomed them and hugged the middle-aged couple.

"Tom, how are you?" Juliette held Thomas' hand and caressed it.

"I'm good. Better than the last time." The young man responded.

The people inside the room updated one another and reminisced the siblings' childhood.

*****

"Your highness..." Tisha greeted as she returned to the Princess' chamber.

"And?"

"The cabinet has sent few proposals to his Majesty. Because of those, the King has discussed marriage with the First prince." The maidservant answered carefully.

"Sent a word to my father's attendant. I would like to seek an audience with King Reuben." Tamar instructed calmly.

After waiting a day, the King lifted his scepter for the approval of Princess' request.

"Your Majesty." Tamar smiled at her father and bowed her head.

"Princess Tamar. What do you want? What is your request? I will give it to you." The King uttered for he favors his only daughter.

"King Father, this daughter will have her birthday few days from now..."

"Indeed. I'm going to give you a wish for that special day."

"Thanking your Majesty. If it's alright, I will called in for that wish at this moment." Tamar softly uttered and pushed her fortune further. Her demeanor is as great as ever which pleases the Ruler.

"Speak, my princess." The King responded tenderly.

"Give me Neero's hand in marriage."

*****

A/N: Next update on or before Sunday.
Thanks for your support. <3