29. Future Decision

A/N: dropping my Instagram account
@ ysabellemonte2_kayed

* * * * * * *

States

"Juliette, can I visit Thomas and Amelia?" Dinah hopefully inquired.

"Of course. Let me show you around while Fred is resting."

The two middle-aged women, accompanied by the personal attendant, visited Thomas in his private room.

The duchess observed the pale young man. She pitied him and would only have to guess what kind of life the supposed-to-be two siblings had.

"Where's Amelia?" She inquired.

"Maybe she'd gone home to rest." Juliette responded and got her cellphone. She typed an address on the screen before asking for Dinah's contact number. She knew what the woman was thinking. There are so many possibilities and this moment is one of those. She just wished for the truth to come out.

"I've sent Amelia's address." She smiled and nodded at her old friend.

"Thank you very much, Juliette." Dinah hugged her and then instructed Tara about something. She then went to the parking lot along with her assistant. Dinah's heart was beating fast and couldn't wait to see Amelia early tomorrow.

—----

Mudhish Palace

"Where is your Queen?" The King asked one of his subordinates.

"Your Majesty, the Queen is in the study."

"Very well." The King marched towards the big room and opened one of its big doors. The sight of a busy woman came into his view.

"Still busy?" The father of the kingdom inquired as he approached his wife.

Queen Laura lifted her gaze and softened at the sight of her husband.

"Your Majesty." Before she did the ceremonial bow, King Reuben halted the action and embraced her.

"Don't bow down to me, Laura."

The Queen smiled and laid her body in his arms.

"Are you having a hard time regarding the upcoming grand ball?"

"No. But I have two things in my mind. First, how do we counter the bill about royal marriages? We now only have a week to act on vetoing it but if you do that without any justification, the cabinet won't be persuaded."

"Second..."

The King waited in silence as his wife reached for a document on the table and let him look into it. His demeanor became stiff after reading the content. The second concern was more alarming.

"When... will he return?"

"Sooner." Queen Laura sighed and returned to the embrace of her husband. She couldn't help but to think about the implications that may arise when the person on the report letter comes back.

It has been more than twenty years since they saw the man after the verdict against him of being barred from their country.

"Hmm, don't stress yourself about these matters. I will handle it." Reuben consoled his wife.

"Alright. I trust you, my dear." Laura sighed, still embracing her husband. She silently uttered a prayer for things to be less complicated.

"Father. Mother." A sweet voice sprung from the background.

"Tamar."

The princess bowed her head in respect to the royal parents.

"Is there something wrong?" Inquired by the King.