1화

‎♡‧₊˚✧ ૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა ✧˚₊‧♡

There's this part inside every person that helps us choose what we want to do for a living. Some call it passion, some call it vocation, some call it need. To Jaeyun, he wanted to be of service. He desired to be someone that could guide people to the right path or just help them find themselves.

He knew since a young age that he wanted to grow up to help people. Whether it was directly or indirectly, he knew he would be doing that. First, he was going to be a teacher, but after getting to the wild age of 14 he realized that much sociability wouldn't be his approach.

Next, he started being very interested in physics and maths, so he wanted to explore engineering. It was everything he was passionate about, but he couldn't see how it would let him help like he wanted. In the end, he decided against it at the age of 16.

Just two years before he would start college he decided he would be in the medicine field. It wasn't like he wanted to be on the operating room or as a receptionist handing out medicine, so he chose he would be a nurse and dedicated the last remaining years of high school to prepare for the college entrance exam and learn the basics of what he would need to be a good nurse.

It seemed like the best option for him at the time, and he really did enjoy his college years, but now he had been working as a part time nurse in a little clinic in Seoul and part time as a college nurse. He went every morning to a big name college were bright students forged their future; and in the evenings he worked in the humble clinic, helping everyone that came by.

If he was completely honest, this wasn't how he expected his adult life to start, but it wasn't that bad.

His approachable personality and attentive self lured many people into his life. Most students at college knew him at least by name and some were regulars just to visit him and chat due to his young age. He had to constantly remind the students that, even if he was just a little bit older, he still had what you would call a high rank in the school, which meant they had to be polite and not too friendly for formality's sake.

There was only one student he was close to and it was Park Sunghoon, a senior that had missed a year of his school life because of his former career as an ice figure skater.

They met during highschool since they attended the same cram school and were actually the same age. Sunghoon was the only one that called Jaeyun, Jake. It wasn't planned, it just happened and it made them closer; if someone asked Sunghoon why he had that privilege he would say it was because they were the best of friends.

Also, it had been Sunghoon who let him know there was no school nurse and they were hiring part time. Jaeyun was forever grateful to him for the heads up.

Today was day number 315 since he started working in the clinic, and day 275 since he started working as the college's nurse. He expected this day to go as he had planned the night before, like he did every day.

He went to college to work, attended a couple sleep deprived students and a handful of dehydrated ones. He left to eat at his favorite noodles place and made enough time to walk to the clinic instead of taking a taxi.

It was a cold evening and the sky was covered with heavy clouds that threatened snow would come soon. He never forgot to take his umbrella, which was safely located inside his bag, but he didn't need it that day.

Upon arriving he noticed the owner helping somebody with a cloth slightly covered in blood. He rushed in and noticed that the person injured was a young man that didn't look past 24. The patient had such nice features he could easily say he was 20 and get away with it.