Eternus

'You sure you've got everything?' asked Minerva, as she bustled into Y/N's room, carrying a stack of clothes.

'Fairly sure. I barely even had a chance to unpack,' said Y/N, taking them from her and turning back to drop them onto his bed. 'Besides it's not like we're going to be a million miles away.'

'No, but we can't make regular trips back. The whole point is that we're using this as headquarters, so we need to stay there.'

'By we, you mean me,' said Y/N with a wry smile, 'and that's just cause you're going to be away sorting other things.'

'Yes, but it doesn't hurt to have one of the Order on hand at headquarters should you be needed,' said Minerva. 'You are one of us now, and during the summer, Albus will make full use of that.' And she exited Y/N's room.

Y/N let out a sigh and glanced around his room.

He felt as though he'd barely stepped back foot in it and he was being told to leave again. He'd only actually been home for the summer for two days. He'd begun to unpack the day they'd returned. Mostly taking out the essentials: Books, letters, etc. But the following morning, his mother had entered his room and told him to pack it all back up. Though Y/N didn't mind. Especially with where they were going.

Dumbledore had chosen a place as headquarters for The Order of the Phoenix. And as both Minerva and Y/N were members, they were to travel there as soon as possible. Minerva wasn't going to be staying there, mostly as she had a mix of schoolwork and Order work on the way that would require her to be constantly on the move.

The fact that Y/N's guardian would mostly be away, coupled with the target on his back and his own membership within the Order, meant that both for ease and for safety, Y/N was to be moved to Headquarters at once.

Y/N glanced down into his open trunk and caught a glimpse of something. It looked faintly orange and was flickering oddly. He knelt down and began pushing things off the top of whatever the glowing object was.

He was just about to move his copy of "The bestial bestiary of Magical Beasts across the Globe" when whatever it was, burst into flames.

'What the-!'

He dropped to his knees and began yanking things out of the trunk, throwing them haphazardly behind him, trying to save them from the flames that now covered half of his trunk. The next moment, however, he realised... the flames weren't hurting him at all.

He paused and held his hand over the fire, it gave off no heat. Though he still couldn't tell what had started the blaze, he reached in and lifted another of his books out, one that had evidently been in the heart of the fire.

It bore no damage. In fact, it looked exactly as it had before the fire.

Y/N's wand shot into his hand, and he pointed it at the fire. Despite its seeming harmlessness, it was growing.

'Aguamenti.'

The jet of water shot towards the blaze and impacted. It let off an aggressive hiss and a plume of steam rose away from the impact point, but the water seemed to have had no other effect.

'Y/N, what-!' said Minerva as she stepped into his room. She gasped as she saw the fire and drew her own wand.

'It won't work,' said Y/N before she cast. 'I've already tried it, but it's not hurting anything, look.'

Y/N stuck his hand into the fire and withdrew it. It was as though it hadn't been in there. His hand had come to no harm. Minerva, however, shook her head.

'This doesn't make sense. I can feel the heat from here.'

'What?' said Y/N in surprise, 'but I don't feel anything.'