Chapter 38

Mason's POV

I come back home from school a few days later, and I'm greeted by Carter, who looks like he's about to explode because of anger.

"What happened?" I ask curiously, wondering what made him angry this time.

"Denver is in the cellars." He says, and my eyes widen, not knowing if I should believe him.

If Denver is in cellars, then that means that he got into a enough trouble, that not even the fact that he's a son of an Alpha got him out of the consequences, at least not yet.

"What did he do?" I ask.

"He tried to kill Tyler, the guards said that Tyler was teasing him about something, and then he had a knife put to his throat, not even seconds later." He says, and I frown.

"Is Tyler fine?" I ask, concerned.

"He's fine, he's already sleeping in his room, I don't know how bad it was, but the guards had to put Denver in the cellars, after knocking him out." He says, with an annoyed sigh.

"Did you talk to Denver already?" I ask him.

"No, I don't think I can see him right now, not when I'm so angry at him." He explains, and I nod in acknowledgement.

"Can I go there, to see him?" I ask hopefully.

"You can if you want to, but don't let him out of there, I want him to stay there for at least few days." He informs.

"Okay." I agree, and I go towards the door instantly.

I quickly reach the pack house, and soon I'm greeted by the guards who are guarding the cellars, that are in the basement of the pack house.

They let me inside, and I walk around the cellars, looking for Denver.

I find him on the right side, almost the last cellar, and when I reach him, he looks up, and he lights up at the sight of me, probably thinking that I will help him get out of here.

I don't know how Denver will survive here, in the cellar that has nothing except for a bed, for the next few days that Carter had decided that he will spend here.

But he deserves to be here for at least a while, for what he did, and I'm happy that Carter didn't get him out of here right away.

"Hi." He says.

"What have you done?" I ask angrily, making him frown slightly.

"That bastard annoyed the hell out of me." He argues.

"That bastard that you tried to kill is your brother." I tell him harshly.

"What are you talking about? I didn't try to kill him, I just punched him, and then the guards took me here." He says, clearly annoyed.

I frown, not knowing if I should believe him.

"They told Carter that you put a knife to his throat, and that they had to knock you out, before bringing you here." I tell him.

"Well, that didn't happen, I don't know what you're talking about." He informs me.