Chapter 30

Mason's POV

"So, you lived with a rouge pack for almost fifteen years?" Denver asks, while sitting on the couch in the pack house, questioning his new best friend about his life.

Oliver, Tyler and I also listen to all the stories that he tells us, they're mostly about all the things that he did with his friend, John, while they were on the run with the rouges, towards another pack they were supposed to attack.

While listening to his stories, I realised that I know very little about rouges.

It turns out, that if they shift into their human forms for at least half an hour each day, then they will be able to shift back, at least most of them.

The pack that Erick used to travel with, was shifting to their human forms every day for short meetings, since they can't use a mind link, that werewolves can use in their wolf form to communicate with another member of their pack.

"Yeah, it was really tough, but not I'm safe here." Erick responds.

"How many more are there." I ask.

"About a hundred." He tells me, and I nod in acknowledgement, we can definitely deal with hundred of rouges, if they decide to attack again.

"Carter is probably already having a meeting, to to plan an attack." I inform.

"That's good, you should kill them all, before they can find more people that they will force to join them, they usually have more people, but we were spotted by the hunters a while ago, and they killed a lot of them, before we were able to kill them." He explains.

"How old are you by the way?" Oliver asks, and I can't believe that I didn't ask him about that yet.

"I'm twenty six, I think." He says, and when he sees our confused expressions, he decides to explain.

"I don't know what year it is now, I have spent a lot of years in the woods, but Mason said that he just met his mates, and since he was around them every day over the past years, it has to mean that he just turned sixteen, and I remember that I'm just a little over ten years older then him, so I should be twenty six. " He explains.

"Okay, that makes sense." Oliver responds.

"Yeah. So, do you like to live with humans again?" Denver asks.

"It's not the easiest, but I try to learn as much as I can about how things are in this pack, so I can help John when he will be out of the cellars." Erick tells him.

"Is John your mate, or just a friend?" Tyler asks.

"He's a close friend, but I can't say that I didn't wish for him to be with me a while ago." He says, with a smile.

"I can ask Carter to let you see him in the cellars, I'm sure that he won't let him out before he's sure that you're a good guy, but I think he will be fine with letting you see him." I say, and he smiles my way.

"That would be great." He tells me.