eleven.

❝whenever i'm alone with youyou make me feel like i am home againwhenever I'm alone with youyou make me feel like i am whole again❞

whenever i'm alone with you
you make me feel like i am home again
whenever I'm alone with you
you make me feel like i am whole again

— lovesong, the cure

ONCE AGAIN, the poets (except for Knox Overstreet, who was at the party that Chris had invited him to a few days earlier, and Charlie Dalton, who was supposedly late) gathered in the cramped cave across the river. This was the third official Dead Poets Society meeting since the group had been reconvened weeks before. 

The group recited to begin the meeting officially. Florence sat close to Neil— too close for the boys not to notice. It had been their first date a few days ago, and they couldn't be happy together. It was perfect. They even went on a small one today.

"To live deep and suck out all the marrow of life. To put to rout all that was not life," they said in union, only to be interrupted by laughter; women's laughter.

Everyone turned their heads to the cave's entrance, watching curiously to distinguish where the giggles were coming from. 

"Oh, my God!" Cameron exclaimed. 

A young girl's voice was later heard. "Is this it?" She questioned, entering the cave.

"Yeah, this is it!" It was Charlie Dalton. Florence sighed. Of course, it was Charlie; who else would it be?

Two girls around their age crouched as they entered the cave. One wore a bright red shirt, while the other wore an all-blue outfit. Florence and the boys stared in shock, shining flashlights at the strangers. 

"Go ahead, go on in. It's my cave. Watch your step."

"Your cave?" Florence whispered as Neil quietly laughed at her comment.

"We're not gonna slip, are we?" One of the women mumbled. 

Pitts got up, instantly hitting his head on the roof embarrassingly. Everyone greeted the girls awkwardly, not knowing what to say.

"Hi, you guys!" Charlie greeted. "Meet, uh, Gloria and. . ." he pointed to the girl in all blue.

"Tina!" She scoffed. 

"Tina," Charlie remarked. He pointed to the group. "This is the pledge class of the Dead Poets Society."

Lacing her eyebrows together, she turned to Neil. "He brought these two girls here, and he doesn't even know their names?"

"I mean, it's Charlie. Are we surprised?" He chuckled, slightly tugging her closer. 

There was a moment of awkward silence when Charlie ordered everyone to clear their way to let the girls sit down. "Guys, move. Move. Come on, folks. It's Friday night. Let's get on with the meeting."